Where do you turn for support?

Good morning 

• Recently diagnosed in my 50's but have always known I was different.  I feel very alone with this new information. I can't even begin to describe the anguish I feel. Definitely feel like a failure and angry at everything I could have achieved had I been 'normal'. I don't think I have ever been the real me, I've always been the person people expect to see if that makes sense. Life has declined significantly over the last few weeks. Meltdowns are more frequent and severe resulting in days in bed,  my brain appears to have turned to mush, I can't perform the simplest of tasks, depression is severe. I don't know how to change to make life easier. Only advice after diagnosis was to join a support group and read about the condition. Feel very, I can't even put it into words, abandoned and isolated possibly. GP is fantastic but I feel extremely guilty taking up so much of his time. How do you get out of this huge hole and live?
  • I only have 2 teenage daughters at home and no other support from family. It's so hard.