Noise cancelling headphones at work

I know there have been various threads on this subject so I'm sorry to start another one but my question is quite specific.  I spend a lot of my time on the phone at work but our office is also reception so it can be pretty noisy. My therapist has suggested I get noise cancelling headphones that I can connect to our phone system at work. At her advice I'm been in touch with help to work (part of the dwp) who asked hiw much I think it would cost. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? Thanks

• Thanks arise, sounds like I need to check in with the IT people at work.

• This will very much depend on the phone system. Most headphones that are capable of noise cancelling as well as intercom/headset functionality will be Bluetooth rather than wired. In order to connect these devices to a phone the phone also needs Bluetooth capability and crucially the ability to initiate a pairing request. If your phone can do this you’ll probably find most Bluetooth headsets will connect. For example I know it’s possible to connect Apple AirPods to a Cisco VOIP phone unit. I suspect the various transparency modes on the AirPods would work really well, reducing background noise but still allowing conversational awareness.