Poductivity

When I'm at work I'm very productive, but outside of work I struggle to get things like housework done even though I know it needs doing. Anyone know why this could be and have any advice?

• I also struggle enormously with getting things done. It affects my ability to do lots of things, including those that I don't enjoy (eg housework), but also those that I am actually interested in doing.

This is a common feature in autism and relates to our difficulties with "executive functioning".

This article explains more and offers suggestions that might help, including using visual aids, daily planners, lists, and more:

Leicester Partnership NHS Trust - Autism and Executive Functioning Skills

• I'm pretty much the same. I tend to have blitz days where everything gets done. I'll start with something small like sweeping the floor then I notice something else that needs doing etc.

Start small and see where it leads or plan in to have a big day. If I plan to do it and force myself to start I'll get it done. Just don't sit down for ten minutes as it'll become an hour or two and then the day will be gone. Then you'll feel guilty and you'll just put it off even more.

Not that I speak from bitter experience.

Grab that brush and see where it leads!