How do you ask a woman out on a date?

Let's say I know this woman who works at a local supermarket, she smiled at me and said she liked my coat. I believe that's flirting, correct? How do I ask her out on a date?

Parents
  • To be honest I'm not sure if she is flirting or not,  She might just like your coat ;-) 

Things like this make me look back at my life and think of all the missed opportunities I have had with women. 

I was so naive I used to think women just wanted to be friends with me when in reality they would want to date.  I would be friends for months with them and eventually some women would eventually tell me straight to my face,  (because i missed so many obvious signals) lol

• To be honest I'm not sure if she is flirting or not,  She might just like your coat ;-) 

Things like this make me look back at my life and think of all the missed opportunities I have had with women. 

I was so naive I used to think women just wanted to be friends with me when in reality they would want to date.  I would be friends for months with them and eventually some women would eventually tell me straight to my face,  (because i missed so many obvious signals) lol

Children
  • Yes, I occasionally look back to school (sixth-form) when a girl I liked gave me a message asking if I'd like to go out, or something like that. So not so much the curse of subtle signs but more so how too obvious it was and so I didn't feel I could take it seriously. From one extreme to another - too subtle to too obvious - the impossible reading of implied signs continues. Not that I got any closer to getting a date from that point. Though a girl did kiss me when I was about 15, I think, in a joking way. I guess that counts as losing my virginity right? Wink