Non-Crime Hate Incidents - Code.

This feels incredibly dangerous for Autistics - has anyone read this completely? Does anyone at the @NAS @mod know if there is legal assistance and if there is an Emergency number for any incident involving the misrepresentation and misunderstanding when Autistics are falsely accused?

At a younger age, even late into my 20s and 30s I would've re-stated things I'd heard others say to try and seem agreeable to others around, to fit in, to try to make friends, and severely misunderstood the context. Or a thing is accidentally said backwards or with the wrong vocabulary due to maturing slower, due to a difficulty with words. Around 30 I learned: Anything I say can and will be held against me. This felt unfair, but I kept repeating that phrase to myself. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-crime-hate-incidents-code-of-practice/non-crime-hate-incidents-code-of-practice-on-the-recording-and-retention-of-personal-data-accessible

"A non-crime hate incident (NCHI) means an incident or alleged incident which involves or is alleged to involve an act by a person (‘the subject’) which is perceived by a person other than the subject to be motivated - wholly or partly - by hostility or prejudice towards persons with a particular characteristic."

Parents
  • This feels like the goverment is still sore over loosing Miller v The College of Policing [2021] and is trying to argue loopholes into the courts rullings. In fairness courts are often vuage in their rulings against the goverment to give future courts room to add nuance later. I expect we'll see more freedom of expresion cases against these NCHI records and the courts will probably make clar these 'loop holes' don't exist.

• This feels like the goverment is still sore over loosing Miller v The College of Policing [2021] and is trying to argue loopholes into the courts rullings. In fairness courts are often vuage in their rulings against the goverment to give future courts room to add nuance later. I expect we'll see more freedom of expresion cases against these NCHI records and the courts will probably make clar these 'loop holes' don't exist.

Children