Confused!

Hi,

I joined this forum yesterday as I received my diagnosis within the last week. 

I got a message saying my account has been reported as being either fake or spam. This is freaking me out. Can someone help me understand how/why this could happen?

• My appeal was successful. Thanks for the advice! Slight smile

• I hope that you have not been put off. It is a great site. The spam thing is a pain - I've been banned for it recently by their software only to be reinstated by a human.

• Hi Lola - congratulations on your diagnosis and welcome to the community!

From one bunny to another, I love your profile pic Sunglasses

As  explained, this has been happening a lot recently - not just to new accounts, but also to longstanding members. However, there's good news! The forum will be migrating to a new system later this month and the NAS has advised that it should resolve this issue, along with many others, including the s l o w n e s s, which has also got a lot worse recently! :)

In light of your recent diagnosis, you might find the information here helpful:

NAS - After diagnosis

It covers a range of subjects, including how you might feel, talking about and disclosing your diagnosis to others, emotional support for family members, and information about sources of formal support for you. 

• Hi Lola,

Sorry about that. We have a big issue with bots on this site and this often happens to new accounts as the automatic sensing system isn't great. Common issues are: using attachments, links, or long posts.

Usually appealing it gets it resolved pretty quickly and then happens with less and less frequency.

Congratulations on the diagnosis! Welcome to the community, I hope you will enjoy some of the stuff here.