Has/does this happened to anyone?

whenever a certain word triggers me it sends like a physical shock into my brain (best way for me to describe it) It’s the oddest thing and only really has happened so far with certain words. I’ve tried to look things up online but not finding much. Was just curious if anyone else seems to get this?  

• Absolutely! It’s really when other people say certain words that pings my brain. 

• Word's can be powerful for sure. I like to choose mine as carefully as I can.

• now this is very annoying it seems to happen in boots and waitrose but not tesco or sainsburys

• Unexpected item in the bagging area, just about sums up how I feel when words shock me like that.

• t sounds similar to something I experience, it's almost like an electric zap to the brain. It's almost like my brains version of "unexpected item in the bagging area"

All that incident was teriible

• Thank you for this Pray tone2

• Exactly. I love how you stated not needing to know exactly why it bothered you at that moment until maybe later. I’m such a person that’s like “I need the answers, NOW” Joy

• When it relates to words I definitely feel like it’s trauma because the words are usually associated with something I’ve gone through. But thinking back to yesterday it also happens with an unexpected noise, which I guess could also be trauma bc it was unexpected and I’ve had things in the past of that nature. It’s so dang hard to tell what’s trauma and what’s autism bleh 

• Ugh the loss for words is to real. I freeze up like a damn statue 

• Yes! I was literally thinking the other day after I posted this that it feels like a brain zap. 

• It sounds similar to something I experience, it's almost like an electric zap to the brain. It's almost like my brains version of "unexpected item in the bagging area". 

A sensory input that wasn't anticipated, which could be something as simple as my foot sliding slightly inside my shoe. 

• yes i get scared of emails from Police getting plenty of those and council getting plenty of those !

• For me some smells, sirens, cognitive dissonance, Mine is icy, and then panic, then zen calm, then I remove myself. 

• It's not embarrassment that I'm feeling. It's threat.

I did blush last week, when a guy I know said something to me, and I wasn't sure quite how it was meant. But it was funny. 

• That's Cortisol. (plus possibly adrenaline)

I only get 'triggered' when i'm physically threatened, the words have little to do with that, its the intent, (i;m only 'triggered' through body language- aka intimdiation)  and the dangerousness of the individual before me, and wether I think i can take them in a fight. The more I think i can deal with them, the more defiant and sarcastic i might be inclined, but if i Know they are stronger than me and tough, i'm more polite and accommodating

A warm wave sounds like embarrassment, Thats why people blush. When I get triggered. Its more a tensing up and like being on a rollercoaster, i feel and bit strange,(loss of resolve)  like a slight loss in blood sugar, (weakness) if somebody is suddenly acting like a possible threat (fear for my safety)

• When I get really triggered, sometimes I feel a physical warm wave go through my body. It's not pleasant. I think what I'm feeling is actually the stress hormone flowing through. I am very sensitive. 

• Words don't usual affect me, but context can, normally if its something like a pun at my expense.  I dont get shocks, more like i'm momentarily lost for words. Cause im computing the situation, reading body language and there's a delay This happens when i'm being physically threatened also. I get a lag, and i might try to diffuse, but also i can end up escalating things, cause left to my own devices i will operate in reflex. And i have a tendency to get into trouble with people. Cause of my disregard for normal conventional...things

Yeah, ive had so many people take issues and pot shots at me in my life. I am totally emotionally recalibrated, meaning : if i like  person, i will do anything for them, but if i feel they are my enemy, i have no mercy or 'human feelings' for them whatsoever. It's usually netanderthal NT's that will actively try to provoke me, most people are cool

• If it isn't trauma, then Pierre Nouvellie (comedian who is also autistic) has described something similar in his new book. For him it is things like the word "breakkie". I find it funny because where I am from, that is the more common word for breakfast, so he'd probably want to kill me if I ever offered him a morning meal Joy. His book is good, by the way.