I don't feel the same as many of you

I feel like an outsider here, my experiences seem very diferent, my interests different, the things I do or don't do are different. The books I find helpful or not are different. Most of you seem like lovely people, so I'm not having a go at any of you, but I just feel like I don't really belong here with the rest of you, I don't feel like it's imposter syndrome, more like I stick out like a sore thumb because of some of the above. I feel like I'm irritating people because of my differences, here I feel almost as much of an outsider as I do in NT company.

Parents
  • Whats a boomer upbringing?

I like that most people don't care or remember me, I don't want to stand out that much, if you stand out people hassle you and want things from you, think you have all the answers, its a massive pain in the bum.

• Hi The Catwooman, from what I understand, after the Second World War the soldiers returned and the country had a boom in births, the children born from 1946 to the 50’s are known as boomers. It’s thought those children have had the best lives as houses were cheap and things life pensions were ‘gold plated.’ My own parents are ‘boomers’ their house cost £4000, it’s now about a million, my children will never see growth like that and will work to a much later age.

• Hi The Catwooman, from what I understand, after the Second World War the soldiers returned and the country had a boom in births, the children born from 1946 to the 50’s are known as boomers. It’s thought those children have had the best lives as houses were cheap and things life pensions were ‘gold plated.’ My own parents are ‘boomers’ their house cost £4000, it’s now about a million, my children will never see growth like that and will work to a much later age.

Children
No Data