Folding clothes and other people in my home.

(Darcie/25/F)

The last two weeks have been manic for me. We have had a friend over for a week then we've been babysitting our granddaughter for 5 days and it's been stressful for me. I've also been working in this time and not had any alone time.

My partner changed the bed and did laundry today while I was at work to help me out and while I appreciate it, I hate the way he does it. I hate the way he makes the bed because it's not how I do it and the way he folds the laundry makes me feel physically uncomfortable to the point I have to refold it all and strip and remake the bed. I love him to bits but now we have a colleague staying with us and I'm just so overwhelmed, I want to cry but I can't let it out. My eye/eyebrow are also twitching uncontrollably and my heart rate won't drop below 90 BPM. I'm stressed, overwhelmed and too hot. 

HELP! 

Parents
  • Darcie/25/F)

The last two weeks have been manic for me. We have had a friend over for a week then we've been babysitting our granddaughter for 5 days and it's been stressful for me. I've also been working in this time and not had any alone time.

My partner changed the bed and did laundry today while I was at work to help me out and while I appreciate it, I hate the way he does it. I hate the way he makes the bed because it's not how I do it and the way he folds the laundry makes me feel physically uncomfortable to the point I have to refold it all and strip and remake the bed. I love him to bits but now we have a colleague staying with us and I'm just so overwhelmed, I want to cry but I can't let it out. My eye/eyebrow are also twitching uncontrollably and my heart rate won't drop below 90 BPM. I'm stressed, overwhelmed and too hot. 

HELP! 

It sounds like you’ve been incredibly overwhelmed lately, balancing hosting, work, and personal stress. It’s okay to feel this way, and finding small moments of self-care can make a big difference. Taking a few minutes each day for deep breathing or a brief escape can help calm your mind and lower your heart rate. It might also be helpful to gently communicate your feelings to your partner, expressing [Link removed by moderator] appreciation while sharing how you’re feeling. Setting boundaries for some alone time and seeking support from friends or family can provide relief and perspective. Remember, prioritizing your well-being is crucial, and it’s okay to ask for help when needed.

Bets regards,
    jacob345

Edited by moderator

• Darcie/25/F)

HELP! 

It sounds like you’ve been incredibly overwhelmed lately, balancing hosting, work, and personal stress. It’s okay to feel this way, and finding small moments of self-care can make a big difference. Taking a few minutes each day for deep breathing or a brief escape can help calm your mind and lower your heart rate. It might also be helpful to gently communicate your feelings to your partner, expressing [Link removed by moderator] appreciation while sharing how you’re feeling. Setting boundaries for some alone time and seeking support from friends or family can provide relief and perspective. Remember, prioritizing your well-being is crucial, and it’s okay to ask for help when needed.

Bets regards,
    jacob345

Edited by moderator

Children
  • How does your partner make the bed that makes you so uncomfortable? I can understand clothes folding, some people just do it all wrong and put creases in places there shouldn't be any, maybe you ask your partner not to fold your stuff? Even worse is when people iron thiings wrong! Like putting creases in your jeans and casual trousers and as for ironing underwear...