How can I prevent mis-communication?

It’s such an annoying thing. Does anyone have any tips on how to communicate like a human?

Parents
  • Hi Jess

I can relate to all you have said. I too have ran into countless problems with my communications being misinterpreted. This has led to various complaints made against me when dealing with staff.

Because I am rather blunt and straight to the point as perceived as being aggressive, passive aggressive, rude, uncaring. Ive been accused of all manner of things over the years. That was prediagnosis but I did know that something was wrong and asked for help to be told that was part of being a manager and to work on my communication skills. I went on numerous courses and understood what was being taught but try to put that into real life for me was a fail for me. It would be interesting to see what would happen now after my diagnosis but my manager no longer wants me in the department (discrimination anyone?). I have disclosed to my manager, HR and occupational health but the answer is redeployment from all bar OHS but they are ignoring the medical advice.

I work in the NHS and have found it treats its staff not very well. They talk the talk but when it comes to the crunch.

• Hi Jess

I can relate to all you have said. I too have ran into countless problems with my communications being misinterpreted. This has led to various complaints made against me when dealing with staff.

Because I am rather blunt and straight to the point as perceived as being aggressive, passive aggressive, rude, uncaring. Ive been accused of all manner of things over the years. That was prediagnosis but I did know that something was wrong and asked for help to be told that was part of being a manager and to work on my communication skills. I went on numerous courses and understood what was being taught but try to put that into real life for me was a fail for me. It would be interesting to see what would happen now after my diagnosis but my manager no longer wants me in the department (discrimination anyone?). I have disclosed to my manager, HR and occupational health but the answer is redeployment from all bar OHS but they are ignoring the medical advice.

I work in the NHS and have found it treats its staff not very well. They talk the talk but when it comes to the crunch.

Children