This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Riots

This surge in far-right violence is frightening me. I'm dreaming about it and having trouble focusing at the moment. My sensitivities seem to kick off badly when stuff like this is going on.

I keep away from the news best I can but it seems to be everywhere.

How do you deal with the issues out there today?

Parents
  • This is one of the things which can trigger my anxiety. Thinking of anxiety more generally, rather than about this specific issue, I have to try to find a place in my mind where reason can prevail. That can be bad enough, as it can sometimes lead to a clearer picture of any threat, but it allows me to move forward, perhaps with a plan of action. Also, getting my thoughts out into the open with clear thinking people can be positive. Also, I can be inclined to obsess over things which trouble me. Can't help thinking about them, but important to find a safe place in my mind with better and calmer thoughts. This can be doing my favourite things - contemplating nature, photography, petting a dog - anything to restore a feeling of some wellbeing just for a while. The anxiety isn't entirely gone, but it's on the periphery of my thoughts for a while, rather than being centre stage. Hope you can find your way of dealing with it.

• This is one of the things which can trigger my anxiety. Thinking of anxiety more generally, rather than about this specific issue, I have to try to find a place in my mind where reason can prevail. That can be bad enough, as it can sometimes lead to a clearer picture of any threat, but it allows me to move forward, perhaps with a plan of action. Also, getting my thoughts out into the open with clear thinking people can be positive. Also, I can be inclined to obsess over things which trouble me. Can't help thinking about them, but important to find a safe place in my mind with better and calmer thoughts. This can be doing my favourite things - contemplating nature, photography, petting a dog - anything to restore a feeling of some wellbeing just for a while. The anxiety isn't entirely gone, but it's on the periphery of my thoughts for a while, rather than being centre stage. Hope you can find your way of dealing with it.

Children
No Data