Unintentionally being horrible

I've recently started a new job. Previously I've been quiet when starting new jobs and wanted to change this however I think I'm getting on people's nerves and am doing things that are annoying/rude without meaning to. I get the impression that other people don't like me, but I don't know if I'm just paranoid. What do I do?

• Have you come out as Autistic?  If not, it's not too late.  I started a new job 3 months ago and it was my first job post-diagnosis when I was completely out.  Almost every conversation started with my telling them I was autistic, and then the conversation went on with "sorry if I keep going on about being autistic, but sometimes I worry I might say or do things which are annoying and I wanted to get it out there early on to try and avoid it"

By now, everyone knows and I think (hope) that everyone is on board with it.  I kind of hope as well that some people also enjoying talking to me as they know I'm just going to launch into the "big talk" and not waffle on about the weather or something in the news that they don't really care about.

I think what I'm saying is be completely honest with people about Autism, some people will have questions, some people will be incredibly sympathetic and kind, and if they aren't positive - it'll b on them, not you.

• yeah thats normal. your new, your not part of their moulded in group yet, give it time thats all it needs.

in my work place everyone speaks their own language so these foreigners they are very inclusive that they speak their own language to exclude you from the group so you dont feel included. very inclusive people we import lol

• I am so sorry you are going through this I reckon you will be better than your other colleagues ask for help from someone senior if you are concerned 

• i think you need to speak to someone kindly and senior in your organisation and explain you have Autism and ask for reasonable adjustments.It sounds like you are masking which is exhausting be yourself I bet you will be a star at your new job and the so called non neurodivergent people will probably be less efficient than you

• This NAS article offers some great tips for the workplace and getting on with your colleagues including:

• Informal workplace banter
    • Workplace relationships
    • Arranging to have a workplace mentor
    • Understanding unwritten work / office rules

Support at work - a guide for autistic adults

• I think I'm getting on people's nerves and am doing things that are annoying/rude without meaning to. I

I found the best thing to do is ask the people if what I am doing is annoying them then try to change my behaviours to adapt.

It seems polite, considerate and effective.

As the new person you are not part of the team yet so you may want to make some efforts to fit in - at least as far as your energy levels will allow. If you don't know how to do this then there are books to help, but you have to want to change your behaviour.

Being yourself is clearly an option but that doesn't seem to be what you are asking for.

•  specifics, bro specifics...

btw bruv that was annoying and rude, dont do that again! you know what you did, dont pretend you dont.