Innocently Gaslighted

What do you do when somebody says they don't know what autism , is and thinks its just some stupid made-up categorization , and you just need to WORK ON YOURSELF, you know, be more MOTIVATED, and you can CHANGE. You could of course, explain that it's genetic, a neurological condition, like tourrettes for e.g. But to the NT world it seems, in their eyes, you're just BEING AWKWARD AND LAZY.  It's pretty much unanimous In NT world. Its your fault you have CRAP SOCIAL SKILLS. And when you point out that instincts, and disposition are different, again, you're just making excuses AND NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH. totally invalidating your point. IS THIS GASLIGHTING?

What I'm saying is, i expect to be misunderstood. But it's very demoralizing, when you explains you have  'ASD' (or just plain autism)' and they give the the WHUH? FACE

Parents
  • This thread title always reminds me of the song Elegantly wasted by INXS for some reason...

I shall now infodump. Elegantly wasted was a song said to be a subliminal diss to Oasis, cause in the chorus, Michael hutchence sings and it sounds like "better than oasis", somebody on youtube pointed this out, mind blown. this song was a reply, cause at the brit awards a year earlier, one of the gallaghers, i forget which one, said Hutchence was washed up or something and dissed him live on air. Hutchence was reportledy hurt by this, as he was going through personal issues at the time with bob geldoffs wife, and his career was on hiatus, and kinda lost its spark. Which ties into my avatar, which is Liam Gallagher wearing sunglasses.

Some say he was never the same after the diss and thats why he killed himself. But others say it was a a concussion where somebody knocked him out, and he hit is head on the pavement. I'M SURE THIS IS ALL MAKING SENSE TO YOU. All big rock fans, i'm sure. End of infodumping.

• This thread title always reminds me of the song Elegantly wasted by INXS for some reason...

I shall now infodump. Elegantly wasted was a song said to be a subliminal diss to Oasis, cause in the chorus, Michael hutchence sings and it sounds like "better than oasis", somebody on youtube pointed this out, mind blown. this song was a reply, cause at the brit awards a year earlier, one of the gallaghers, i forget which one, said Hutchence was washed up or something and dissed him live on air. Hutchence was reportledy hurt by this, as he was going through personal issues at the time with bob geldoffs wife, and his career was on hiatus, and kinda lost its spark. Which ties into my avatar, which is Liam Gallagher wearing sunglasses.

Some say he was never the same after the diss and thats why he killed himself. But others say it was a a concussion where somebody knocked him out, and he hit is head on the pavement. I'M SURE THIS IS ALL MAKING SENSE TO YOU. All big rock fans, i'm sure. End of infodumping.

Children
No Data