Being blocked on social media by someone you know

Regardless of the reason, how does it leave you feeling?

It's rarely someone I'm likely to bump into, but even then I start to worry "what will happen if I bump into them?".

I can understand that they did it as a self-protective measure, but obviously my belief is "they must hate me and think I'm horrible". 

• i was blocked by my sister.

doesnt matter, i just changed my will to bar her or her kids or her kids kids or any of her line from ever getting any of my stuff when i die lol

block me from facebook i disown you from the will and block you from that, simple as, which is more effective a facebook block or a inheritance block? lol which hurts more? haha

• They obviously don't like me. Why else would they do it? I don't understand why they're so unwilling to get to know me before they decide they don't like me, and why they have to be so nasty and rude though. It's offensive to say the least.

• Being blocked on social media by someone you know can definitely stir up a mix of emotions. It's natural to feel a sense of unease or even anxiety at the thought of potentially running into them in real life. The act of being blocked can leave you questioning your relationship with that person and can lead to feelings of self-doubt and wondering what you may have done to warrant such action.

It's important to remember that everyone has their reasons for their actions, and it may not always be a reflection on you or something you did. 

You can't spend the rest of your life worrying about the what ifs. You might meet that person, but then, you might not. If you do you'll cross that bridge there and then. 

In the meantime try not to worry and enjoy today, worry about tomorrow when it comes. 

I don't use social media for this reason, it's a lot of stress and hassle a lot of the time so I try to stay away from the bigger social sites. This one is best, it's more like being part of an online family. 

• Sometimes the reason is, with hindsight, pretty obvious to me. Coming on too strong etc, but it took a while to accept that most people aren't going to tell me that I'm making them uncomfortable.

• I have only experienced it once, and that was with a friend who had previously lived in the next road to mine.

We had been friends on Facebook, and after thinking it strange that I'd not been seeing any posts from her in my newsfeed, I realised she had disappeared from my Friends List.

Initially I felt hurt and confused, but not to the extent of losing sleep worrying about it.

There was one day when I was out and saw her walking towards me. I smiled and said "Hello", but she just seemed to blank me and walk straight past me. I felt sad, as we had known each other for several years. My son and her children had often played together when they were young and had attended the same primary school.

I know we autists can have a tendency to jump to what we consider to be the worst-case scenario, and to think we are somehow at fault. In my opinion, tying ourselves up in knots speculating about 'the reason' is a pointless exercise.