Pessimism and Autism?

Hey,

I was diagnosed with mild autism in late 2022, the tail end of COVID. I have had trouble in social situations, most prominent in the verbal ones that the written since childhood and therefore had suspicions but I needed to be pushed to see a doctor about generalized anxiety to get the ball rolling. 

I have been unable to secure a job and therefore an independent living situation and the family is moving from California to just over the Oregon border, an endeavor that began around April and our final leave is next Wednesday.

This is the first significant move/change I have ever experienced and It's been a fast process as my family is quite excited and anxious to leave to the point of rather abruptly changing the time of the move from next year to now. I have been told that Oregon promises to be a much more thrivable envirnment for an autistic individual which I appreciate but I have found it difficult not to focus on what I am loosing such as the one group of friends I have managed to maintain longterm relationships with starting in the 6th grade and the uncomfortable notion of moving from the city to more or less in the woods and it coes not help that the house we are leaving has been in my family since my grandparents, my mom grew up here and I spend a great deal of my childhood here though I acknowledge that it's become too small for tthe growth of our family in the past decade or so. My mom, however shares none of these feelings, she had self proclaimed ot not be a sentimental person. 

Pessimissm has been another characterisric I have shown since childhood and I have never understood the reason. I am suddenly wondering if pessimissm is a characteristic in autism. 

I am fortunate to have the most patient family in the world but I feel guilty that I can not share in their excitment and want to know, is this something that is a part of my diabilty and can it be helped? 

• The system is designed to make us pessimistic. It sucks out one's enthusiasm.

Enthusiastic comes from the Greek for 'To be with God'. Marx wanted a Godless Utopia. So, his minions had to target traditional sources of help; outside of the State. Especially the Churches.

If one was fed a Staple Diet of Dystopia, they'll hardly feel warm and fuzzy hearing 'Little old Wine Drinker Me'. We need to rethink Mental Health.

• In uncertain times, the fearful and naive shall turn towards the Charismatic Radical.

• The idea of Pessimism being somehow a disability or MH Issue like “being negative” is a way that those who are pushing certain agendas, whether or not they may be politically motivated or otherwise, that they can do so as a form of brainwashing, indoctrination, manipulation and mind control, is a tactic used by the other side in debates that I take great personal exception to, both as someone who was raised in Rural Ireland as a Traditional Catholic, older openly Irish gay man and involved in the Irish truth and patriot movement as an Irish patriot in the U.K. 23 years - these are concepts that I’ve had to come to terms with during Covid given my 30 years in supermarket retailing and I’ve had to rethink the terms “positive” and “negative” “optimistic” and “pessimistic” as words do have the power to effect real change - rather than seeing yourself as being “pessimistic” instead you clearly have the gifts of being open, honest, realistic, pragmatic and most importantly, you have “critical thinking” skills which are so lacking in our world today, because the education system has been breeding this out of us for well over a century, as they don’t want people to think for themselves nor to think rationally nor objectively about a given issue or situation - those of us who have autism have a most important contribution to make to society in terms of our ability to research and to view things at face value while clearly seeing the truth of the true motives and intentions of others without malice or emotion and in a rational and objective way - very soon in the near future, many of us will become the “way-showers” to a general population who, having woken up to the betrayal of others in power, will be left broken and bitter and will look to anyone for guidance and leadership in their quest for the real truth of our world