RE: Met a Gorgeous Man a bit over two months ago believe he may be on the spectrum needing assistance and advice please

I by chance unexpectedly about two and a half months ago met this absolutely beautiful man - he is a man not without his quirks but if anything I find those endearing and quite cute to be honest. We instantly had a vibe and appeared to like each other, constant eye contact, smiles and finding excuses to be in one another's presence and,or text msg's - he even unnecessarily called me one day, which I totally loved that hearing his voice during my work day, I was on a natural heigh the rest of the day (good lord listen to me I sound like a bloody teenager lol). 

Please Note: I apologies upfront for all of the writing that is coming (thus I will try to do some dot point too) summarisation has never been my strong suit sadly lol...

There are a lots of bits and pieces and even though it;s only been like 10-11 weeks a lot has happened but for now I'll keep it brief  - I believe that this gorgeous man may have Aspergers, Autism and be on the spectrum but is extremely high functioning or, or he may just be so extremely intelligent that the things I have noticed are just quirks I am not sure. Also if he is on the spectrum I am unsure if diagnosed but doesn't accept or didn't want to tell me or that he hasn't been diagnosed.

I am neurotypical however I am beyond understanding, caring, compassionate and honestly if he is on the spectrum and he would of been upfront with me it would of saved some missed opportunities of beautiful conversations and experiences AND would of prevented me from getting very unforcedly out of the blue unexpected hurt by him. I have a 19+ year caring, nursing and NDIS/NDA background and I am just a passionate caring person in general so am extremely equipped to deal with this if told the truth and given the opportunity and my own choice to do so. 

I am sending out this post for help (those on the spectrum and those who are in relationships with or been in long term relationship etc);

To a) see if my thoughts that he is on the spectrum are possibly correct

b) if so what other traits that I have missed besides what already notice should I look out for

c) things were beautiful for weeks and things happened that were so wonderful but now he did things and said complete opposite and we have now lost communication but I wish to open up the communication back but without being to over whelming if my thoughts are right that he is on the spectrum and I need help.

Parents
  • 5 weeks into meeting him he has taken me on a date and the same day took me to meet like 60-70% of his immediate family - we had a meal with his parents.

That is not the behaviour of an Autistic person. Ask anybody on here. That is entirely the opposite of an autistic behaviour. I want to show you that I'm not unsympathetic or that I hate love. I'll play ball. Let's assume he is the neurodiverse, capable of masking to that extent. It's not a genuine interpretation of who he is; it's not a foundation on which to build a relationship as, over time, it will evaporate, and that isn't fair to either of you.

• Which is why i got on here to get assistance to be able to communicate and have open discussions and communications about it and how to let him know I want him to be able to be his self with me, to just be himself, I liked him from the moment I met him basically and that was before he done any of that neurotypical stuff - I like him for who he is. I don't mean to sound like i'm playing the victim here i'm just trying to articulate what's happened but I just don't think i'm doing it very well. Sorry!

• Which is why i got on here to get assistance to be able to communicate and have open discussions and communications about it and how to let him know I want him to be able to be his self with me, to just be himself, I liked him from the moment I met him basically and that was before he done any of that neurotypical stuff - I like him for who he is. I don't mean to sound like i'm playing the victim here i'm just trying to articulate what's happened but I just don't think i'm doing it very well. Sorry!

Children
No Data