Why does everybody ghost me?

Even on here, people don't seem very interested in making friends! The number of people that just send me about 3 or 4 pms on here and then stop writing to me is ridiculous. Surely autistic people would want friends more, and be more sympathetic towards the fact that I'm lonely, and be able to relate more to the difficulty I have forming relationships? Why do so many people just end up ghosting me? Why aren't people interested in getting to know me? And is there anything I can do about it?

Parents
  • I'm new here but I think when it comes to making friends anywhere it requires patience, especially if you and the other person have autism. We all communicate in different ways, at different speeds. Some people might not want to be friends which can be disappointing but we're all different. 

I'm not great at making friends. I have tried before but I'm not very sociable and maybe I don't present myself very well - personally I prefer animals, I seem to have a natural bond with them and they are easy to talk to.

Sometimes connecting with others through shared interests can be a great way to form friendships. Have you thought about discussing topics you find interesting to see if anyone else has the same interests?

That might be a good way forward. 

Remember, it's okay to take things slow and be patient in building relationships. If you get ghosted it might just be that life got busy for that person. You might hear from them again when life is more peaceful.

Keep putting yourself out there and eventually, you'll find people who appreciate getting to know you for who you are.

• I'm new here but I think when it comes to making friends anywhere it requires patience, especially if you and the other person have autism. We all communicate in different ways, at different speeds. Some people might not want to be friends which can be disappointing but we're all different. 

I'm not great at making friends. I have tried before but I'm not very sociable and maybe I don't present myself very well - personally I prefer animals, I seem to have a natural bond with them and they are easy to talk to.

Sometimes connecting with others through shared interests can be a great way to form friendships. Have you thought about discussing topics you find interesting to see if anyone else has the same interests?

That might be a good way forward. 

Remember, it's okay to take things slow and be patient in building relationships. If you get ghosted it might just be that life got busy for that person. You might hear from them again when life is more peaceful.

Keep putting yourself out there and eventually, you'll find people who appreciate getting to know you for who you are.

Children
No Data