I feel lonely as hell

I saw someone who works for the mental health team today and for the umpteenth time they've left me feeling worse, not better, after seeing them, but I carry on with it because I don't want to upset the apple cart and am waiting to be transferred to a new Autism team. 

I have no friends, no one to confide in, I just feel like crying.

Parents
  • I flip between liking having therapy sessions and not doing. Sometimes having the sessions makes me focus on my issues more and that makes me feel less positive about myself. Other times I feel it helps to talk and let stuff out. Having a cry sometimes helps too , so don't bottle it up.

Try and find some distractions, maybe a sci-fi series if you're into that kind of thing. I find anything that's sci-fi, unexplained things like UFOs or Bigfoot makes for a distraction, that kind of TV is a a break from reality.

Take care, hope you feel better soon and get yourself lined up with the new team. We are social animals even though autism makes social situations extremely stressful and hard, we still crave the connection, I think sometimes more so than neuro typical people do as we feel things so much more intensity , so we miss it just as much, if not more, when we have nobody around. 

• I flip between liking having therapy sessions and not doing. Sometimes having the sessions makes me focus on my issues more and that makes me feel less positive about myself. Other times I feel it helps to talk and let stuff out. Having a cry sometimes helps too , so don't bottle it up.

Try and find some distractions, maybe a sci-fi series if you're into that kind of thing. I find anything that's sci-fi, unexplained things like UFOs or Bigfoot makes for a distraction, that kind of TV is a a break from reality.

Take care, hope you feel better soon and get yourself lined up with the new team. We are social animals even though autism makes social situations extremely stressful and hard, we still crave the connection, I think sometimes more so than neuro typical people do as we feel things so much more intensity , so we miss it just as much, if not more, when we have nobody around. 

Children
No Data