Nextdoor Neighbour From Hell

You may feel the same way about animals as I do - I care deeply about animals and insects.

I didn't know that nextdoor was dog sitting, I just heard a dog barking and whining in distress. I went next do to see if there was a dog there, and yes there was.

My nextdoor neighbour had seen me on his doorbell camera, and he called me to ask if everything was OK - I said yes, and I was just concerned about the dog. He appeared OK with this, and said that he'd come home to check on the dog.

He came home and rang my doorbell. I answered the door only for my nextdoor neighbour to start screaming in.my face calling me a liar and a bull sh*ter, and why was I going to call the police and RSPCA when the dog is fine? I didn't even say anything about calling the police or RSPCA, I just heard the dog and wanted to know if it was OK. He then continued screaming at me for being in his garden - it's private property, and looking at his house. He then went, but started sending me nasty text messages.

It's been a few days since the incident, but I feel absolutely heartbroken, and I keep crying. I can't avoid him, as we live in terraced houses - I can even hear him walking up and down the stairs. He's scared me, I'm so upset and frightened. What can I do?

Parents
  • You don't indicate which of these accusations are true. that will make a difference in how to proceed.

For the infractions that you did commit just apologize, even if you don't mean it. Show contrition.

For the ones you did not do, calmly and simply say so and don't elaborate.

You can do this in writing - not a text - a hand written note, signed if you can't face to face safely.

And BTW: how do they have your number and why have you still not blocked them?

What is your shared back story that they would have your number?

I feel like there's a lot of defining detail left out.

It may be that another person called the RSPCA and, since you expressed concern already, they assumed it was you.

• You don't indicate which of these accusations are true. that will make a difference in how to proceed.

For the infractions that you did commit just apologize, even if you don't mean it. Show contrition.

For the ones you did not do, calmly and simply say so and don't elaborate.

You can do this in writing - not a text - a hand written note, signed if you can't face to face safely.

And BTW: how do they have your number and why have you still not blocked them?

What is your shared back story that they would have your number?

I feel like there's a lot of defining detail left out.

It may be that another person called the RSPCA and, since you expressed concern already, they assumed it was you.

Children
No Data