I have always had an internal voice like a narrator in my head of my own voice

Hi everyone 

Through out my life because of my autism I have always had an internal voice like a narrator in my head of my own voice.  I find it really difficult to switch off as it constantly scripting future conversations with people.  I have try doing mindful activities to make it stop and it make hard to sleep at night.  I was wondering if anyone had advice on it?  

Parents
  • I have at some point irritating repetitive thoughts. They are often some scenarios, I imagine a conversation with someone about a topic I would like to discuss or about my interests with some famous person who I would like to meet and talk to. So first second and third time it goes in my head - it’s ok, I like it. But later the repeat repeat repeat repeat… it’s irritating. I tell my brain : stop! It’s enough! The answer: no! Not enough! Play again! A psychiatrist offered me some neuroleptics with serious side effects for that (lactation or weight gain). So I decided to fight the thoughts alone. And whenever I get distracted in the middle of the scenario (by barking dog for example) - it starts again. Otherwise I think such inner voice is just normal. My thoughts often repeat for days and weeks till my brain something else to chew 

• I have at some point irritating repetitive thoughts. They are often some scenarios, I imagine a conversation with someone about a topic I would like to discuss or about my interests with some famous person who I would like to meet and talk to. So first second and third time it goes in my head - it’s ok, I like it. But later the repeat repeat repeat repeat… it’s irritating. I tell my brain : stop! It’s enough! The answer: no! Not enough! Play again! A psychiatrist offered me some neuroleptics with serious side effects for that (lactation or weight gain). So I decided to fight the thoughts alone. And whenever I get distracted in the middle of the scenario (by barking dog for example) - it starts again. Otherwise I think such inner voice is just normal. My thoughts often repeat for days and weeks till my brain something else to chew 

Children
  • I usually do that with negative things, stuff I thought about that ended up a worry or if I've  come to the conclusion something bad would happen.

Rumination/perservative thoughts they seem to be called. It's almost the same unstoppable worry pattern as OCD.