Alien invasion

Hi here another fun discussion for everybody enjoy. Aliens have invaded the planet but there are things we can do to save the planet. They are:

bring all the world leaders such as prime ministers, presidents and the monarch to the alien.

work with the allies to build a weapon similar to the Death Star in Star Wars so they can destroy other planets of their choice.

fight against the aliens until they give up and fly away. 

I would choose option 1 bring all the world leaders to the aliens no weapons or violence needed that way.

over to you guys now. 

• Marshall the cats and unleash toxoplasmosis on them - they will all be blind in, say, 50 to 70 years.

That'll teach them Wink

• Oh, that's so funny...   

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to make the (minor) breaktrhough then work ten years gettng it semi-reliable on an entirely self funded basis, and then find you can't even GIVE it away?? 

The guy who invented it is very frail now. I've watched him overcome trial after trial, health, money, his own psychological issues, having his gear nicked by the police, having poor quality support (me and the other guy in holland which is where the only assembled and working device now resides). 

FWIW, (This is like a "doer" talking to a "manager" which is always a hard conversation until the manager gets the point)  This is "low energy" fusion, and the device works akin to a small two stroke engine, and has a similar failure mode, in that it's relatively easy to get it to grossly overheat, but spontaneous disassembly is more about the gear melting, rather than exploding...   

It's a very sore point with me, I feel I've let him down, as I fully expected (once they produced proof of function, which they have) to get him some real help/money/recognition before he karks it, but after over a year of making a fool of myself (or allowng dullards to put that label on me) in various institutions, universtities companies etc. I got nowhere.

It's a pity, his idea of directly extracting electrical energy from the thing by tapping the movement of the plasma with a resonant coil is so elegant, compared to all that tomfoolery involving boiling water and turbines..   

• While everyone was standing around deciding what to do, Will Smith would open the door of the alien spaceship, punch one of them in the face, and say "welcome to Earth", then walk away muttering "that's what I call a close encounter..." Slight smile

• Nuclear Power, No Thanks!

But I have plenty of other stuff, enough chilli powder to blind whole regiments!

• I'm sure I've got some stuff in my armoury against the zombie appocalypse that would do.

I hear I Sperg knows someone with a nuclear option hidden in the woods somewhere...

• Given the state of out leaders and politicians, handing them over would scare them off.

• Option one best in my opinion. But what then? Do we let aliens rule over us? What if they abuse us then?

• I’m afraid of bees so if they were aliens and took over the planet I’d find a way to leave and go live on the moon. I wouldn’t hurt bees though because if they die we die. 

• Yeah give them the politicians and world leaders, then start the fight back. I'm sure I've got some stuff in my armoury against the zombie appocalypse that would do.

• If I walk past a bees nest I often wonder if all that buzzing is them saying "hey over here, we're glad you finally came!" But they're so far behind us in terms of technology and communication we just think "aww, look at the bees, they're nice"

For some other race to be advanced enough to get here, it's been a very similar comparison.

They'd probably just nick some of our honey and walk on.

• Omuamua is coming back. Interesting what will happen. I don’t think aliens would be interested in destroying this beautiful planet. But they may be annoyed with the “intelligent” species polluting and destroying it. 

• I would hope our government would welcome them in, and give them free money and housing and help them generally with integrating into our economy.

I'm told that's the winning strategy... 

• depends what the aliens want...

possibly a colony.... as habitable planets maybe rare so when a alien species comes across one they may want to colonise it and take it for themselves due to rarity and self preservation of their species. likely theyd need to wipe us out.... they wont want diversity, theyd want to ensure their species reigns uncontested and doesnt get bred out. so theyd set us to extinction and if any of us are left theyd be controlled in their reproduction and like pets to them. novelties, and research subjects. maybed theyd allow us some settlements so they can see how we live and research how we existed here and keep us for historical curiosity in small number.

resources would be doubtful.... as theres is far more resources in space... all energy in every form comes from the sun, so for energy they go to our star, all minerals are in higher amounts on asteroids than there is on earth and much easier to get. a single small size asteroid for example would contain more gold than the entire planet earth had in total.... so theres no need to invade earth for resources at least.

as for research purposes with no intention to colonise, they are best researching and viewing us in secret so as to observe us in our natural state without contamination so they can see how we progress without external factors, so theyd do that invisibly without us knowing.

so only to colonise would be the only reason to invade. thats if habitable planets are rare enough for them to bother... and also if our planet is actually habitable to them, they maybe different life forms to which our planet isnt habitable to them. which could save us and make us ignorable to any for that purpose.

• bring all the world leaders such as prime ministers, presidents and the monarch to the alien.

If we don't want them then I very much doubt the aliens would want them either LOL.

If it was the option I would go with this just to get rid of a bunch of career politicians. The aliens don't even need to ask - just tie them up and deliver them via Deliveroo and the world is already a better place.