help

I am a single mom, 24, diagnosed with ASD when I was a teen. my daughter is almost 2. since having her I have not been able to adjust into a routine and things keep getting worse and worse. im exhausted every day and its always a mess and I hate my life. I applied for PIP in October last year and I had to appeal and its currently going to tribunal as im being gaslit into thinking that my struggles do not meet the criteria. Has anyone experienced similar? Can anyone offer any help or advice please? 

• I went through something similar when I applied for PIP, I found someone very helpful at citizens advice, I was able to add them to my case as an advocate. I also took someone with me to the tribunal hearing, which made me a bit less anxious.

I was awarded standard amount both for daily living and mobility, so I felt that my difficulties had been recognised by attending a face to face meeting.

Good luck with your PIP journey.

• thank you. I am vegetarian but often eat eggs and sourdough toast. if im feeling able, I like to have steamed veggies with some pulses or make a pasta, but I haven't been doing this and have been going for things like oven pizza and chip shop most of the time lately. I have bought some wild salmon to incorporate into my diet but just need to be motivated to cook it one day. often the kitchen is such a mess that its hard to even think about preparing food because of all the tidying and cleaning id have to do before being able to even begin.

thanks for the tips. yes I think so, ive already found some help here thanks to people like yourself 

• That's good you found someone helpful at the Samaritans.

What kind of meals do you eat? I find it helpful to make simple things like some meat fried in a pan or done in the air fryer with some lightly boiled or fried vegetables.

It sounds like you need more support because of how low you're feeling. Hopefully you will find it helpful here.

• Thank you for the message.

thanks I will check out the website on benefits/pip claim!

I just rang samaritans and spoke to somebody that helped me to feel a bit less overwhelmed. but yes its just the house is a mess, I have no routine, no energy or motivation to cook or do things. I feel like im swimming upstream, I cant do it. im still breastfeeding my almost 2 y/o, and I feel like no matter how much sleep I get, im always tired, and no matter what I eat im never satisfied. im just a slave to my body at this point and life is not enjoyable. my daughter is always my top priority though

• thanks for sharing your experience.

did you go all the way to tribunal both times? yeah it really doesn't make much sense as to why they allowed it after speaking to your mom and not you... 

I will try to get evidence in time, thanks

• Funny story, I've went through this process maybe twice, first time they declined me, second time, they did not want to talk with me, spoke with my mother, and then I was awarded the payment, which makes... no real sense... (I'm 21) 

Typically, if they be funny about it, going to a tribunal is the best idea. Bring any evidence you have about your condition and how it affects you, et cetra et cetra, if it ends up going to a tribunal, chances are they'll probably just drop it and just give it to you. 

If not, fight hard and it'll probably happen. 

• That's horrible you feel like that. Please don't do anything rash.

For applying for the PIP www.benefitsandwork.co.uk is a really helpful forum for claiming benefits. 

Can I ask which things you are finding difficult and making you feel exhausted?

• I did it by myself. im not sure if it's too late to add more now, but there is the option to add evidence. I dont know who to ask for help 

thanks for the reply 

• Welcome.

Do you have anyone to help with the tribunal? I believe you can get support/sponsors with it.