Feels like there's a block between me and doing my work- is it normal?

I'm doing a foundation year of university and my final project is due in a couple weeks and I cannot work for the life of me. I'm diagnosed autistic and this has been happening for years. I want to do my work, I want to pass the course but I cannot pull myself to work.

I described it as me being on one side of a barbed fence and me doing the work on the other side. I could jump over the fence to get to the other side but it'll hurt me. I forced myself to do one project and nearly made myself sick with anxiety about it, I wanna try not do that again but as the deadline's getting closer, it seems like I might have to. 

Is this normal? This feeling of there being a block between wanting to work ane actually doing it? I've been called lazy and unmotivated so I was just wondering. If it is, does anyone have advice for me or a solution? Ty :)

Parents
  • There two kinds of "stuck" for me ,

1. A delay or pause, Like I'm trying to drive off and the handbrake is on (I believe this to be autistic inertia)

2. Some kind of demand avoidance, if I don't fully believe in something I can't seem to commit to it regardless of who told me or needs me to do it.

Sometimes changing my view on why I need to do something helps, rather than thinking " boss told me to" , think "I won't be able to pay the mortgage if they sack me" for Example.

When someone figure it out let me know! 

• if I don't fully believe in something I can't seem to commit to it regardless of who told me or needs me to do it.

This is insightful......definitely me too, on this point.

Reply Children
No Data