A dating relationship

• Hey my name is Oliver [removed by moderator]
  • I'm 18 years old I'm single and looking for a relationship someone between the age of 16 and 20 
  • If anyone is interested please comment below 
  • Thanks 
  • Oliver 

Edited by moderator

• ^^ this. Well said Blush

• Welcome to the community. I think the best way for you to meet people will be to introduce yourself here,, give your profile a name, a pic and start interacting on the forum discussions so people can get to know you properly.

That's the best way forward for you to not only meet a potential partner but also maybe make some friends too. I was so nervous about joining in and posting at first but actually this is one of my favourite places to be now and I feel like I've made a lot of friends already.

I hope you enjoy being here and I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Blush

• Debbie, Someone else picked you up on "Reading Comprehension" last week, and I can see it now.

I specified "the easy ones" because we all know women who do fit that spec. She seems to think that I mean all women.

And when you tell him to ignore this:

"You want a real live girl? Ya gots to work at it, or at least sell yourself a bit, even if you have all the good points".

That really IS leading him off into lala land. 

Perhaps I should have presented that bit thus:

You really do have to work at it. You really do (except in a few exceptiional cases) initially have to sell yourself a bit. 

Debbie IS totally right about kindness being attractive to many women though...

But, brutality is also attractive to some women... 

• I don’t need rich (with the money). Rich inner world is better. 

Sparkling heart

• Hi Oliver, as I remember in the rules, it’s better to not give your real names, if it’s your real name. It’s just better for our own security to not get identified by personal details. 

1. This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself.  
    2. Profile pictures/avatars and usernames should not use full names or images of real people. They should not include the NAS logo or include the word ‘Mod’ as this profile is used by the moderation team. If your profile does not comply with this rule, you may be contacted by our moderation team to request an amendment or your profile or avatar may be reset.   

welcome to the community and hope you enjoy. 

• Absolutely! Sizes and zeros on bank account were never my priorities. For me the priority always was the relationship. Most important thing is mutual respect and something that the both have in common. The time spent with the person must be valuable and generally pleasant. I’m not “free” so not looking for anyone, just giving an example of what is and always was a priority for me. When it comes to money most important thing is stability. Sometimes some female colleagues asked me why don’t I find someone rich? The answer is easy - I don’t need rich (with the money). Rich inner world is better. 

• Hi Oliver

You have to get to know someone before you can have a dating relationship. I was lucky enough to meet my partner when we were young, in the "real world" (no internet then) and we "clicked" because although we didn't know it at the time, we're both ND. It still took a long time to get to know each other well.

As you're posting on here I take it you're on the spectrum and looking for a partner who also is. These days the internet can help us connect with others, but they are often living far away from us, which makes it difficult to turn an online friendship into a real life relationship, but it's not impossible.

These ideas might help:

Change your user name from NAS93334 to a nickname, so people can recognise you when you post.

Put some information about yourself in your profile

Read the profiles of others on the forum

Engage in discussions on the forum.

When you feel you have a lot in common with someone, request to "friend" them. (Dunno how this works, but I'm an old woman - you'll probably be able to work it out, or ask others if you can't) Then you can see if anything develops from there.

• Hi I Sperg

Ha, ha, ha, as a "wimmin" you've highly amused me.

I never expected boys to "sell" themselves, but you are correct that us wimmin will be curious as to what someone is all about.

• Welcome to this place.

I think it would be a better approach for you to get to know individuals on this forum as friends first.

• Hi Oliver.

Even the "easy ones" wnat to know if you have any of the "three sixes"... (Height in feet, number of zeros in yrou anual paycheck, length in inches).

You want a real live girl? Ya gots to work at it, or at least sell yourself a bit, even if you have all the good points.

Please pay no heed to the above - it could put you off, and that could change your life.

People really should say 'in my opinion' when they are coming out with stuff like this.

The actual fact is that women (if it is a female you are 'looking for'?) are all different and all have different priorities.

I think kindness is no. 1 (for me).

The 3 things listed by ISperg do not feature for me or for most women I've known.

As you will know, meeting people is key, but also, relationships are different for us autistics.

All the very best with this.

• It's different for girls than for guys.

For a young guy looking for a girl, female and available is usually enough, but them wimmins will do things like look at your profile and see what Oliver D actually is all about...  

Even the "easy ones" wnat to know if you have any of the "three sixes"... (Height in feet, number of zeros in yrou anual paycheck, length in inches).

You want a real live girl? Ya gots to work at it, or at least sell yourself a bit, even if you have all the good points.