I Think Taking Advantage of And Using Autistic People Should Be Considered a Hate Crime

I’m sorry but I do. In a way it’s discrimination because it’s using someone’s disability to your advantage and how is that any different than when Africans were being taken advantage of and used because of slavery because of their skin? Both are wrong and discriminatory. I mean think about it, it’s well known Autistic people because of our lack of understanding a lot of social cues and norms, who’ve been gaslight, and endured abuse to the point of being unable to trust our own instincts are very easy targets for narcissists and used and taken advantage of by people because they can use us missing social cues and norms as a manipulation tactic.

So yeah, I honestly think that using and taking advantage of Autistic people should be considered a hate crime. I think it would very much improve and help Autistic people.

Parents
  • I edited this and put this at the top because after reading your post again then reading everyone else's again I don't detect animosity from you, I detect you coming from what is clearly Gen Z and trying to make a - HEARTFELT - point.  Therefore if you read further, view it as advice specifically understanding that thought crimes are rape of the mind and the sooner everyone in the next generation realizes this, the better your lives will be because governments have convinced you that a thought is a crime.

Do you realize we are less than 10 years from technology that can read neural impulses in the brain and display them as actions? In other words, when you're in your 30's this line of illogical reasoning will get you jailed. Imagine when you THINK the wrong thing, police show up and put you in prison. That's less than 10 years from now with current technology and your line of thinking.

Enflores3000 I say this with all due respect. I am Autistic, white, male, have died clinically twice, two other times the military had to find my body with infrared in a forest. Hate crimes are THOUGHT crimes. Did you never read 1984? We are NOT a sickness OR a disease and I don't know what is going on with Gen Z but as 41yo Gen M American male, the lack of understanding of Freedom among younger people is alarming.

We are the most marginalized, forgotten and abused group on planet Earth and never would I subscribe to the idea of "Thought Crimes." Adding us to that list just robs society of freedom and makes us victims of which we are not!

Before you go down this road of not only not understanding that a hate crime is a thought crime of which someone else gets to determine what you're punished for based on what you think that you would read

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and 1984 by George Orwell

• I edited this and put this at the top because after reading your post again then reading everyone else's again I don't detect animosity from you, I detect you coming from what is clearly Gen Z and trying to make a - HEARTFELT - point.  Therefore if you read further, view it as advice specifically understanding that thought crimes are rape of the mind and the sooner everyone in the next generation realizes this, the better your lives will be because governments have convinced you that a thought is a crime.

Do you realize we are less than 10 years from technology that can read neural impulses in the brain and display them as actions? In other words, when you're in your 30's this line of illogical reasoning will get you jailed. Imagine when you THINK the wrong thing, police show up and put you in prison. That's less than 10 years from now with current technology and your line of thinking.

Enflores3000 I say this with all due respect. I am Autistic, white, male, have died clinically twice, two other times the military had to find my body with infrared in a forest. Hate crimes are THOUGHT crimes. Did you never read 1984? We are NOT a sickness OR a disease and I don't know what is going on with Gen Z but as 41yo Gen M American male, the lack of understanding of Freedom among younger people is alarming.

We are the most marginalized, forgotten and abused group on planet Earth and never would I subscribe to the idea of "Thought Crimes." Adding us to that list just robs society of freedom and makes us victims of which we are not!

Before you go down this road of not only not understanding that a hate crime is a thought crime of which someone else gets to determine what you're punished for based on what you think that you would read

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and 1984 by George Orwell

Children
No Data