Renting? Shared Ownership?

Hey I know I keep going on about moving I’m just finding it hard and I don’t think my folks get it so I can’t really talk to them much. 
looking at renting isn’t really going great I’m just struggling with the whole concept. However it struck me today that rather then saving for a home and renting why don’t I do shared ownership. But then I don’t really know what that is where it would lead me and what happens so could someone please explain to me what shared ownership is? In simple terms because Google is confusing me and what the pros and cons are 

Parents
  • I have avoided renting like the plague in my adult life.

Try playing monopoly and notice the strategy of the one who wins. Is it the renter or the rent seeker?

• I've played that game from both perspectives and never liked it, so to find that it was a model an aspect of for real life, came as quite the shock.

The way to win, I found, is not to play that game.

Games are for fun, housing is serious survival stuff, so why we let speculators play games with our housing stock. I'll never understand. 

• I've played that game from both perspectives and never liked it, so to find that it was a model an aspect of for real life, came as quite the shock.

The way to win, I found, is not to play that game.

Games are for fun, housing is serious survival stuff, so why we let speculators play games with our housing stock. I'll never understand. 

Children
No Data