long time trouble uploading images. What are the rules? I can't seem to do it right. where are the rules written?

Hello all. I have decided to dedicate some time today to this problem. I cannot understand hwo to upload an image.

I am using fire fox browser

end to end VPN encryption

running mojave on a macbook pro 2019

Thoughts?

I do well with pictures. (irony eye roll) thanks.

• Sometimes it works some times not. I'm directed to an admin in a pop up. argh.

• I don't need to do this to upload, which is odd.

I just make the file less than 1mb beforehand, use the upload button, and it does.

I'm on a Windows PC.

I wonder why the upload method is different for some to others..

I've been trying to help Uhane with this by PM but couldn't do so, as I didn't know this.

Thanks Iain for the clarification and typically concise explanation.

You are a star Blush

• eurika!! thanks you soooooo much!

• Open a file browser window, select the image file then press the Apple key and the letter i does it on Mac OSX I think

• I can extrapolate from this thanks... trying....

• sorry running on a mac book pro. should have said.

• The trick seems to be to follow these steps:

1 - find the image file you want to upload, right click on it (assuming you are using Windows) and select Properties. Note the image dimensions in the Dimensions tab:

In this case it is 650 x 520 -  make a note of this.

Now in the post you are creating / replying to, leave the cursor at the point where you want the image to be and select Insert - Image from the tool bar below the posting window:

Now enter the dimensions in the two boxes before clicking the UPLOAD button that is cunningly hidden in light grey - I highlighted it here:

It is important to do the dimensions first before uploading the file or it won't work properly.

When you click on Upload, browse to the file, select it and click on OK and it should then insert it at the proper size and aspect ratio.