Food

I love food, I love growing cooking and eating it, I'm aware of some ASD people who have real problems with it, prefering a "beige diet".

How do the rest of you feel about food?

Parents
  • Hi. I have real issues around food. I eat beige and like crunchy toast and crackers. I am very fussy about cutlery too. I like a small wooden spoon not metal cutlery. I also find it very hard to eat in front of people. If I have fruit, like an apple, I need to cut it up into small pieces as I don't like crunching into whole fruits. I eat from bowls and not flat plates. 

• I am fussy about cutlery, I can use metal but not if the items are the wrong shape, size etc. I'm the same about crockery, oky with plates but it has to be the right plate. I have rectangular plates now so I can line food up with gaps rather than try to arrange them not touching on a round plate. Blue for breakfast, black for dinner! I hate people watching me eat, or making comments on my food as I'm eating. And I have to cut fruit up too! I would love to exist on things with toast (beans with - never ON - toast is breakfast everyday) but I get really stressed thinking my diet is too limited so I make myself eat  variety. 

• I am fussy about cutlery, I can use metal but not if the items are the wrong shape, size etc. I'm the same about crockery, oky with plates but it has to be the right plate. I have rectangular plates now so I can line food up with gaps rather than try to arrange them not touching on a round plate. Blue for breakfast, black for dinner! I hate people watching me eat, or making comments on my food as I'm eating. And I have to cut fruit up too! I would love to exist on things with toast (beans with - never ON - toast is breakfast everyday) but I get really stressed thinking my diet is too limited so I make myself eat  variety. 

Children
No Data