Meditation and relaxation

Hello everyone 

Just wondering if anyone could share any links or info on meditation please?

I am struggling a little atm as my boy is struggling going back to school after half term and I’ve had a long night with little sleep and pretty much watched YouTube videos on autism. 
Also my parents are on holiday which always makes me really anxious as a few years ago while on holiday he had an aneurysm and a stroke which was probably one of the worst times in my life. 

Thanks for listening 

Parents
  • Hi

I use an app on my phone called insight timer. Most of the content is free. I particularly enjoy a lady called Glenda Cedarleaf who reads bedtime stories. She always helps me to nod off to sleep. 

Inula

• Just read your bio Inula. I’m really pleased you have found peace in your diagnosis and that you have found your place here on the forums. 
    I am now starting to try and get an assessment myself and although I used to worry that I might be I would be quite relieved to get a diagnosis. I’m 49 years old and my goodness I drove myself crazy trying to go through my past. 

Take care

• Just read your bio Inula. I’m really pleased you have found peace in your diagnosis and that you have found your place here on the forums. 
    I am now starting to try and get an assessment myself and although I used to worry that I might be I would be quite relieved to get a diagnosis. I’m 49 years old and my goodness I drove myself crazy trying to go through my past. 

Take care

Children
  • That’s interesting Inula. Might try that also as my mind races from one thing to another a lot of the time. I’m looking forward to the day I get assessed but I am worried that my masking is so deep rooted that I don’t show my true self. 
    I also think ADHD will be a thing for me too as I show traits in that. 

Thanks for your reply and good luck with your discoveries 

• Hi Take5

I'm still very much processing my diagnosis but so pleased and happy to have been officially identified autistic. It's answered so many questions. I've been meditating for many years - and still struggle with it!  Recently I've started to do Shamanic Journeys which I find much easier as I don't have to still my mind for that. My autism diagnosis also flagged up ADHD and suggested I get assessed for that. Ha! I thought everyone's brain worked like mine yet here I am, weeks away from my 63rd "Level Up" day still making discoveries about myself 

Inula