A stupid idea

I've come up with a stupid idea. The government could commission the creation of a new town, a bit like Milton Keynes.

But this time it would just be one massive skyscraper. Inside the skyscraper would be every facility - a post office, primary school, high school, college, university, offices, supermarkets, shops, hairdressers, a hospital, GPs.

It would be a bit like having a space station but on Earth.

• I read the first line of your post & before I got to the second paragraph thought yeah, a similar town to MK but for Autistic peeps. Just think, a whole community of just Autistic people Smiley 

I'd go live there! Slight smile

• That's an interesting comparison. Most people who go on cruise ship holidays say it's the best holiday they've ever had, hmm, so maybe it's actually a good idea! I just think life would be more fun if things weren't so spread out and if things were more accessible

• If it could work I think what would be interesting about it is, there would be loads of countryside around this skyscraper so people could have both an urban and rural life combined easily. I understand what you mean about being an unusual child. I used to love playing SimCity and designing what I thought was the perfect city

• I don't think that's a stupid idea! It's actually a really good idea. Would be so cool to have loads of useful places in one building.... A bit like a cruise ship Blush a cruise ship I went on with my family a year ago had shops on it, hairdresser, water park, amusements, everything really it was so cool. Way too busy for me though I had a lot of meltdowns.

It would be a bit like having a space station but on Earth.

Sounds cool! I wonder if there will be things like that one day?

• I don't think it's a stupid idea! But it would be massive! Good to have everything in one place though. Reminds me of some of the massive buildings in Hong Kong (and probably lots of other places too), homes, shops, entertainment and restaurants all in one huge complex. Fascinating place but probably not somewhere I'd want to live, I like the countryside far too much.

This reminds me of when I was young. Most people my age were playing computer games or watching cartoons, I was sitting on the floor with A3 paper designing a space station with everything that people would need to live happily when the Earth is no longer habitable. I was an unusual child Joy