The UK sucks

The weather is crap, the education system is too expensive. It's a pile of doo doo. 

• The Northern Shinners are completely oblivious to what they buy into.

The hatred of the English is too strong for them to question the narrative, ditto Scotland. When I was in Ayr, the bin lorries had Government ads about fines for illegal dumping.

• Compared to my native Ireland at the moment and since Covid, the U.K. is a good deal better by comparison, where I’ve lived in Manchester for 22 years - I’ve been following the situation in Ireland very closely in recent months and since Covid and there has been another very big protest in Dublin, which is making me very concerned for my family’s safety in Rural Ireland - while it might not have been perfect, I long for the Ireland I grew up in as a teenager in the 1980’s and even more so as a child in the 1970’s - it’s incredibly sad what’s currently happening in Ireland compared to here in the U.K. which is a great deal safer and I sadly suspect that in the next few months, it is really going to kick off big time in Ireland - as an Irish patriot and as an older Irish gay man myself, what is really keeping me going is my Catholic faith, as I’m not on board with much of the narratives and agendas that are tearing our country and my beloved homeland apart - I also suspect that I will not be able to visit Ireland for a very long time, my last visits home being in October 2022, August 2022 and December 2019, with the Irish Covid laws being far stricter and far more aggressively enforced than the U.K., even though I’ve always held and renewed an Irish passport in the entire time that I’ve lived here in the U.K., even though even before Brexit, the Irish government has made it ever more difficult for me to renew my Irish passport - the way that the Irish government treats its citizens living abroad is a total disgrace, while at the same time going on about the “Irish Diaspora” where even in the internet age, where one is expected to apply for an Irish passport online (which in practice is very difficult if not impossible) they still deny Irish people living abroad voting rights in Irish elections and referenda after 5 years living outside Ireland, yet on an Irish passport, I got U.K. voting rights after a year living here in the U.K. - this is a huge international Irish voter base that is being denied a say in the future of our country, as inward migration aside, we first generation Irish people are living all around the world, including here in the U.K., Europe, Eastern Europe, America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand 

• Because Merica dictates the Narrative.

• The Right do as well... On both sides the further to the extreme you get the more similar they are, Disregarding life and decency,

• The Left simply throw mud, hoping it'll stick. 

• The UK sucks primarily thanks to 13 straight years of ultra-conservative Tory rule and the consequences of such an outmoded way of life

The wannabe Klepto-fascists masquerading as Conservatives - currently planning for a second GE, apparently, for when they contest the outcome of the first, presumably.

I fear for the future.

• Scottish education is really good. When I moved there from England school was much better.

• it's just yet another sector the Tories have allowed to fall to pieces

Yep. 

Where I live, we just have to hope there is no crime, the nearest police station is 40km away! 

A story repeated in many, many places up and down the country. 

• The weather is typically British but I like it. Wet and windy is my kind of weather, I don't like it hot and sunny.

• I guess the conservatives got a head start on 'defunding' the police. lol

• The weather is predictably unpredictable. Take waterproofs and sunglasses, you're sorted.

As for the education system. Well in Scotland it is entirely free, including University.

As for everything else though, yeah it's pretty crap.

• Exactly. The Tories removed 21,000 police officers from the force, Theresa May said it wouldn't affect crime rates, crime rates promptly skyrocketed.

Add to that the disgusting level of corruption with the police and all the scandals that unfolded last year and it's just yet another sector the Tories have allowed to fall to pieces.

• Yes, as you've wrote in a previous thread on this. I think you're putting this to get a reaction out of everyone, frankly.

I like the weather in the UK, I have no issue with the rain etc. Whenever we reach the hot summer months everyone starts complaining about it being too hot, so there we go. If we were like the south of France all the time everyone would want the rain back.

The UK sucks primarily thanks to 13 straight years of ultra-conservative Tory rule and the consequences of such an outmoded way of life. These last 13 years have shown just how devastating this ideology is. Roll on the GE.

• I like UK weather. The summers are warming up though, I don't like that, I prefer it cold like it is now. If it was perpetually cold and dark I would be just fine with that.

Agreed with the education system..needs a lot of work making it better that does.

• Most of January was snow here.. bliss!

• Adults are afraid of intervening with misbehaving children because they are liable to be charged by the police

Nah, there are no police any more, and vestiges of that force wouldn't lift an eyebrow at 'misbehaving' children. The Government is trying very hard to put all that on schools, along with social care. 

• Adults are afraid of intervening with misbehaving children because they are liable to be charged by the police. I don't know, the whole thing is a mess. Too many belief systems. A more monocultural society like Norway or Japan is easier to manage. I don't believe being narrow minded is the answer but I cannot see how having so many different churches and religions and what not is good for society because I think it leads to confusion and no common value system, I believe all religion in a sense is wrong, we should all simply believe in good.

• Too much influence by the Media.

Plus, laws are created by reactions; rather than responses.

• I like our weather. More snow please! ... We just have a lot of very bad goverments. I don't see anything wrong with this country my benovolent dicttorship wouldn't fix :P