pulling your eye lashes out

Does any one else pull their top eye lashes out. I have been doing it for over 10 yrs now and i haven't been able to stop.

Parents
  • Hello,

I have trichtrillomania (lit. hair madness) diagnosed which is characterised as pulling one's hair out. I also have dermatillomania (lit. skin madness) which is characterised as pulling off/creating lesions in the skin.

I have been doing this for 13 years now. I have been able to stop in one place, but then I always start again in another place.

It is hard to stop.

I have found the figit toy 'pea poppers' to be helpful, and if your difficulties are more hair based then perhaps a squishy stretchy string would work. Also, cutting your nails down so you physically can't reach it.

I think it is more of a subsection of OCD, which I also have diagnosed, as opposed to a subsection of autism.

Although I guess it could like to 'stimming' if the behaviour is self-soothing and not anxiety inducing within itself.

• Hello,

I have trichtrillomania (lit. hair madness) diagnosed which is characterised as pulling one's hair out. I also have dermatillomania (lit. skin madness) which is characterised as pulling off/creating lesions in the skin.

I have been doing this for 13 years now. I have been able to stop in one place, but then I always start again in another place.

It is hard to stop.

I have found the figit toy 'pea poppers' to be helpful, and if your difficulties are more hair based then perhaps a squishy stretchy string would work. Also, cutting your nails down so you physically can't reach it.

I think it is more of a subsection of OCD, which I also have diagnosed, as opposed to a subsection of autism.

Although I guess it could like to 'stimming' if the behaviour is self-soothing and not anxiety inducing within itself.

Children
No Data