pulling your eye lashes out

Does any one else pull their top eye lashes out. I have been doing it for over 10 yrs now and i haven't been able to stop.

• I also used to pull out all my white nose hairs, I stopped this because it caused severe nose bleeds.

• I'm getting on a bit, so I carefully pull out all my white hairs in my eye brows.

• But I have never found a stim which is like that sensation when a hair comes out (I love it). It's like a minor pain, which doesn't really hurt, and for some reason, provides relief?

I imagine I feel and hear a tiny pop. It’s the most incredibly satisfying sensation.

• I kept pulling my eyelashes out on one side and after a while they didn't grow back properly and I have a permanent gap in my eyelashes and the other eyelashes grow wonky there as a result. Unless that was just a coincidence.

I do skin picking and hair pulling. I've been trying very hard not to lately, and I have got a lot better, but sometimes, especially when nervous or concentrating hard (during calls at work especially) I will realise for the previous 10 minutes I've been pulling hairs out or picking my skin.

When I realise I'm doing it, I try to do an alternative stim, and that has helped me. For example twist my hand/forearm very fast left and right, it provides me with a nice physical feedback. But I have never found a stim which is like that sensation when a hair comes out (I love it). It's like a minor pain, which doesn't really hurt, and for some reason, provides relief?

I grew a big beard and I like to run my hands through the beard, it's a good stim. A hair might come out, but it's not what I'm aiming for. It just provides pressure on the beard which tugs on the follicles and feels good. I love that feeling and it's impossible to pull my beard off because it's curly and the hairs united are strong.

• Hello,

I have trichtrillomania (lit. hair madness) diagnosed which is characterised as pulling one's hair out. I also have dermatillomania (lit. skin madness) which is characterised as pulling off/creating lesions in the skin.

I have been doing this for 13 years now. I have been able to stop in one place, but then I always start again in another place.

It is hard to stop.

I have found the figit toy 'pea poppers' to be helpful, and if your difficulties are more hair based then perhaps a squishy stretchy string would work. Also, cutting your nails down so you physically can't reach it.

I think it is more of a subsection of OCD, which I also have diagnosed, as opposed to a subsection of autism.

Although I guess it could like to 'stimming' if the behaviour is self-soothing and not anxiety inducing within itself.

• Mines a compulsion too. I've had it for over 10 years. Is it part of having autism? I know what started mine and why i carry it on. It's that painful feeling when i'm pulling them out and i like the bold look. I hated not having straight eye lashes I think it's more of a therapy for me probably it''s psychological.

thank you for sharing it with me Amerantin and FrozenHeart

• Yes, also eye brows and ear hair. Sometimes arm hairs. It’s been a compulsion of mine since I was a child.