ESA actually listened... So what now?

I got put in the support group for 18 months yesterday. I'm shocked that they actually listened. It's the same stuff I've been telling pip for years and they kept saying "because you're employed you can't have these difficulties" . Well I was fired on health grounds in February , according to the dismissal letter I'm" not managing my autism diagnosis well " I only got it 6 months previously. 

The process has taken 7 months and now I don't know what to do with myself. I have been in waiting mode all this time constantly concerned about what they were going to say and whether they were going to actually listen to me. Now the pressure is off I don't know what to do! '

I'm happy, I think, that they understood but have no idea how to go forward with life. 

Would anyone like to share what they do without the burden of work (or searching for it) and without the flexibility of money to go places/buy things? 

Parents
  • It's the same stuff I've been telling pip for years and they kept saying "because you're employed you can't have these difficulties" . Well I was fired on health grounds in February , according to the dismissal letter I'm" not managing my autism diagnosis well

Lucky you. Blush

I was fired from a job because of my 'difficulties' which were spelled out in detail in my dismissal letter, yet my pip application ignored everything and gave me zero points.  

• I do not understand what's wrong with pip assessors. Literally the only difference between the applications was I finally admitted to how violent and frequent my meltdowns are and have always been. I didn't admit it before because I was afraid of being sectioned they are that bad.  My letter made it clear it was all my problem, as soon as I suspected autism I told them and they put me on performance review for communication issues. I've got a reconsideration in with pip now. I'm hoping the ESA result will swing in my favour. 

• I do not understand what's wrong with pip assessors. Literally the only difference between the applications was I finally admitted to how violent and frequent my meltdowns are and have always been. I didn't admit it before because I was afraid of being sectioned they are that bad.  My letter made it clear it was all my problem, as soon as I suspected autism I told them and they put me on performance review for communication issues. I've got a reconsideration in with pip now. I'm hoping the ESA result will swing in my favour. 

Children
  • I've had every mental health support service say that too be for 25 years. I  could see through all the strategies that were supposed to help anxiety/depression. the strategies never worked because it was always sensory/dysregulation not anxiety and depression. They refused to consider autism despite my asking, because I have female biology. I've got letters saying I'm "too complex" for therapy based services, but community support won't accept me because I can't meet them in the nearest town due to my difficulties. 

Now, because I went right to choose after being on the NHS list for 5 years, they won't support me because they didn't diagnose. Even EMDR wouldn't offer accomodations for sessions so after the 5th apt of me having a meltdown about going in they discharged me. Hence why I'm so amazed ESA actually listened. No-one has before. 

• I finally admitted to how violent and frequent my meltdowns are and have always been. I didn't admit it before because I was afraid of being sectioned they are that bad. 

This reminds me of a time a few years ago, where a local mental health charity asked me to fill out an online mental health questionnaire to see if I qualified for their help.  After I completed the questionnaire, their conclusion was that I was beyond the type of help they were offering and I should seek professional help.