Birthday Looming.

Sorry for being depressive, it happens around this time every year, my birthday is looming. I’m happy to be left alone, I hate days that are different. The questions have started, “ what are you doing for your birthday?” All I want is to be left alone. I get that people try to be nice, I’m just happy to have a normal day. The hardest part is being taken out for dinner, here’s a menu, panic, everyone else seems to navigate the menu in 20 seconds, I stare at it and the waiter is back before I can even workout what I can’t eat. Sorry just ranting.

Parents
  • I feel thankful that choosing if I want to celebrate my birthday, and how I want to celebrate it has always been my choice. However, what frustrates me is the almost-pitying responses I sometimes receive after I'm asked what I did for my birthday... as though there is an unwritten rule that everyone has to celebrate their birthday by doing something the NT world perceives to be fun.

Whilst I won't deny that I appreciate having birthday cards to open on my birthday, it is, as far as I'm concerned, not much different from any other day. 

Bah Humbug! Wink

• That’s the worst part, the pitying, the muggles love doing group things and have  the adoration of all around them. I had a family member say today, “Why are you so restrictive in anything that’s arranged for you?” The word… arranged? 
    I’m happy with cards, Collin the Caterpillar cake and a cup of Rosy Lee.

• That’s the worst part, the pitying, the muggles love doing group things and have  the adoration of all around them. I had a family member say today, “Why are you so restrictive in anything that’s arranged for you?” The word… arranged? 
    I’m happy with cards, Collin the Caterpillar cake and a cup of Rosy Lee.

Children
  • I'm sorry this is coming up for you. Don't be sorry for finding it depressing, I don't like my birthday because everyone else preplans how I'm going to spend it rather than let me sit in peace in my room. Nowadays people seem to like to break our routine and give us change for our birthdays.

• I think these days people want to do "stuff" all the time, even when it isn't an occasion. So something like a bit of cake and a cup of tea used to be enough for most people!