Not recognising when someone likes you

Most of my life i have never been able to recognise when someone likes me, be it male or female, frienship or romanticly. As i have got older i do recognise this better. Also, i never gave marriage a thought. I just didnt think it applied to me. It was never something i considered. 

I also didnt know that i was good at anything. I have always given 150%. This of course has been exhausting. If i couldnt do it well, then i wouldnt want to do it. 

Only in recent years have i recognised these traits. Nothing has changed, except i understand myself better. 

Are these typical traits for autistic people? X

Parents
  • Yes, they are typical, all of them, you're not alone Tulip. And lots of auts are perfectionists.

And anyway, you sound like a lovely person to me Smiley

• Hehe thank you Blush 

It certainly does explain why i have felt 'different'. Not in a bad way though. Its just been hard not knowing why. 

Why do you think we are petfectionists? Possibly OCD? 

• Not really sure, maybe it's black & white thinking to an extent, and high attention to detail, things just need to be 'correct'. I've always been terrified of making mistakes, keeps me awake at night!, I had bad experiences in the past, really harsh severe punishments for the odd innocent mistake. So it stays with you too I guess, on top of having those tendencies anyway.

• Not really sure, maybe it's black & white thinking to an extent, and high attention to detail, things just need to be 'correct'. I've always been terrified of making mistakes, keeps me awake at night!, I had bad experiences in the past, really harsh severe punishments for the odd innocent mistake. So it stays with you too I guess, on top of having those tendencies anyway.

Children
No Data