Struggled Tonight.

Have had our house on the market for exactly one year, the bank interest rate started to go higher and prices have altered very quickly, had an actual second viewing this evening, we have reduced the price 3 times now. I haven’t really slept since being told about the second viewing on Saturday. The people just wore me out, an hour of questions and tape measures. I was very monotone, in the end I just said sorry,  I’ve run out of words. My wife took over and told me I had done really well, my brain is now wizzing and can’t slow down. Sorry just venting.

Parents
  • I am so sorry that you have found yourself struggling, but at least you were not on your own and your wife was able to take over when the viewing got too much.

Selling a house is not something I've experienced, but I'm aware that what it involves can be incredibly stressful. Not just for autistic people, but for anyone. Tough times because as a seller you don't really want to be in the situation of lowering the asking price too much. Well, not unless you can afford to do so and are desperate for a quick sale.

Out of interest, was the second viewing by the same person/people? Or, did you mean second viewing full stop since putting your house on the market?

• I am so sorry that you have found yourself struggling, but at least you were not on your own and your wife was able to take over when the viewing got too much.

Selling a house is not something I've experienced, but I'm aware that what it involves can be incredibly stressful. Not just for autistic people, but for anyone. Tough times because as a seller you don't really want to be in the situation of lowering the asking price too much. Well, not unless you can afford to do so and are desperate for a quick sale.

Out of interest, was the second viewing by the same person/people? Or, did you mean second viewing full stop since putting your house on the market?

Children
  • It was the same people having a second viewing, The area has massive amounts of privately funded schools, we have had loads of families view and  want to life in the nearest town which is £500K for a two up, two down.  The school signs promise well rounded individuals who will excel and go further.  All I see is clones walking out or being picked up mainly in black SUV cars. They aren’t individuals in anyway just the next generation of mum or dad.