Like toys and play

I am autistic level 2 or moderate to severe. 
My entire life I have loved to play with toys. It can be Lego, stuffed animals, bouncing balls, water toys, kinetic sand

I just love these things and many other toys. But I should not I am adult since long time.
It feels great playing with these things but I also like doing some grown up things too.
When feeling overwhelmed I still even am thumb sucking or use something else also when tired or not feeling well.
When eating I prefer just using my fingers at home only fork or spoon when not at home but it is a struggle.
I just feel the best when I can be myself.
I am just like this and was taught be ashamed of this but I dont want to be ashamed this is who I am
Is it okay or am I wrong in some way?

Parents
  • Hi Sebastian. Honestly mate there's nothing wrong with this and it's reassuring for me to hear you do this as I still play with my toys as well. I love playing with my figures and my cars, Playmobil, all the things I grew up with except I never outgrew them. Some people will disagree but I don't see a problem with it. It doesn't hurt you or anyone else so you go right ahead mate. That's what I do.

Wherever people tell me to grow up I always think this from my favourite TV show.

Never stop being yourself and always do what you enjoy. That's what I say.

• True my parents programed me to not like play. I was forbidden from age 12 to play. All my toys were removed on my birthday all I had in my room was a bed, a desk and shelfs with books to read. Not that I ever could read and understand but I could read but no use when I could not understand a word

• That's terrible I am sorry you have been treated like that. Despite what anyone else thinks it's totally fine for you to do this. My dad hates me having toys and playing with them but I'm lucky that my mum is supportive of me. 

Reply Children
No Data