Like toys and play

I am autistic level 2 or moderate to severe. 
My entire life I have loved to play with toys. It can be Lego, stuffed animals, bouncing balls, water toys, kinetic sand

I just love these things and many other toys. But I should not I am adult since long time.
It feels great playing with these things but I also like doing some grown up things too.
When feeling overwhelmed I still even am thumb sucking or use something else also when tired or not feeling well.
When eating I prefer just using my fingers at home only fork or spoon when not at home but it is a struggle.
I just feel the best when I can be myself.
I am just like this and was taught be ashamed of this but I dont want to be ashamed this is who I am
Is it okay or am I wrong in some way?

Parents
  • Hi Sebastian. Honestly mate there's nothing wrong with this and it's reassuring for me to hear you do this as I still play with my toys as well. I love playing with my figures and my cars, Playmobil, all the things I grew up with except I never outgrew them. Some people will disagree but I don't see a problem with it. It doesn't hurt you or anyone else so you go right ahead mate. That's what I do.

Wherever people tell me to grow up I always think this from my favourite TV show.

Never stop being yourself and always do what you enjoy. That's what I say.

• Hi Sebastian. Honestly mate there's nothing wrong with this and it's reassuring for me to hear you do this as I still play with my toys as well. I love playing with my figures and my cars, Playmobil, all the things I grew up with except I never outgrew them. Some people will disagree but I don't see a problem with it. It doesn't hurt you or anyone else so you go right ahead mate. That's what I do.

Wherever people tell me to grow up I always think this from my favourite TV show.

Never stop being yourself and always do what you enjoy. That's what I say.

Children
  • True my parents programed me to not like play. I was forbidden from age 12 to play. All my toys were removed on my birthday all I had in my room was a bed, a desk and shelfs with books to read. Not that I ever could read and understand but I could read but no use when I could not understand a word