Waking up

I regularly have a sleep in the afternoon. On waking i feel dreadful, drowsy, disorientated and struggle to get started. Does anyone else experience this?  I have always slept a lot, and having a sleep in the day doesnt seem to affect my ability to sleep at night time. 

Parents
  • Yes, this is very much me as well. I think I have some chronic fatigue going on. Each bit of moderate exertion on some hosehold task seems to need its half hour sleep to compensate. Or I'll go into a deep sleep on the sofa while watching telly in the early evening, where I can feel it just rapidly descend like a curtain and then wake up some time later. Could be 20 mins, could be an hour. Sometimes I wake feeling refreshed and like my brain has been 'rinsed', though I can rarely just spring into action upon regaining consciousness. My required nighttime sleep seems to stay about the same irrespective of these things. 

• My older sister was diagnosed with chicken fatigue last year. She finds doing things in small bursts helps her and then she'll rest and do something later on. I hope you're okay.

• That's kind, but I've always been this way really. I've never heard of chicken fatigue until just now, hope your sister is doing OK and will recover more energy in time. 

Reply Children