Waking up

I regularly have a sleep in the afternoon. On waking i feel dreadful, drowsy, disorientated and struggle to get started. Does anyone else experience this?  I have always slept a lot, and having a sleep in the day doesnt seem to affect my ability to sleep at night time. 

Parents
  • Yes, this is very much me as well. I think I have some chronic fatigue going on. Each bit of moderate exertion on some hosehold task seems to need its half hour sleep to compensate. Or I'll go into a deep sleep on the sofa while watching telly in the early evening, where I can feel it just rapidly descend like a curtain and then wake up some time later. Could be 20 mins, could be an hour. Sometimes I wake feeling refreshed and like my brain has been 'rinsed', though I can rarely just spring into action upon regaining consciousness. My required nighttime sleep seems to stay about the same irrespective of these things. 

• My older sister was diagnosed with chicken fatigue last year. She finds doing things in small bursts helps her and then she'll rest and do something later on. I hope you're okay.

Reply Children