Am I steange?

Im autistic level 2 and DLD and mild intellectual disability. 

When I get overwhelmed I use different things to regulate. Sitting on the floor rolling a ball against the wall or sitting in the sofa and having a finger in my mouth or using a chewie thing.

I'm not allowed to speak about my disabilities it's family rules. I lived at home until I was 28 years old then in nursing home for 4,5 years. Then alone. But still allowed talk about my problems for my parents. I'm forbidden to play with toys but I so want to. I was not allowed using pacifier after age 12 year old.

I love to play with Lego. I want to go swinging and playing in sand but it's forbidden as adult to do Cry. I love splashing in water with my hands.

I'm bodily function disabled. I can or control my bladder never could in my life. 

Parents say I'm stupid and wrong and not good. I must feel ashamed for all my problems. I trou leave eating correct it's hard getting food in my mouth but manage that but usually cry because my sweater gets dirty. Am I wrong or strange? 

Parents
  • Hello 87721, I am Number.

I love being on a swing.  I do it a lot.

I love playing with Lego.

I'm in my 50'S.......but I am very child-like at heart.

You don't sound wrong.  You don't sound strange.  You sound like you are autistic.....just like me.

I don't like playing in sand pits.....I'm too scared of finding animal poop in it.....although sand can be OK on a beach.

People think I am strange and "a bit wrong" .... but that is because they don't understand.  I don't care.

Keep being you.  Nice to meet you here.

Kind regards

Number.

• Hello 87721, I am Number.

I love being on a swing.  I do it a lot.

I love playing with Lego.

I'm in my 50'S.......but I am very child-like at heart.

You don't sound wrong.  You don't sound strange.  You sound like you are autistic.....just like me.

I don't like playing in sand pits.....I'm too scared of finding animal poop in it.....although sand can be OK on a beach.

People think I am strange and "a bit wrong" .... but that is because they don't understand.  I don't care.

Keep being you.  Nice to meet you here.

Kind regards

Number.

Children
  • I would love having my own sandpit to play in.
    But play in the sand at a beach YES I would love that but never viit a beach too many people there. Wish there was somewhere no one was but hard to find.
    I would love to have more toys but to far my parent taught me its wrong play with toys as adult that is why I do not have much sadly