Rejection sensitive dysphoria

Anyone else have this?

it’s truly terrible and I have no idea where it came from but it’s been there since very early childhood. It gets better with age but goddam ruled most of my life and only heard of it’s name today. Seems more of an adhd trait but do any other autists have this have this as well?

Parents
  • Hi, your post caught my eye as I definitely experience RSD (and have only recently heard of it myself). I think having Autism can predispose us to rejection as for many of, we didn’t fit in as children / throughout our lives and may have been bullied or ignored, often wondering what we had done wrong. A lifetime of this can lead to hyper-vigilance  and we can sometimes incorrectly perceive signs of rejection too. The pain associated with rejection is awful - often disproportionately so considering the actual event. You are not alone! 

• Hi, your post caught my eye as I definitely experience RSD (and have only recently heard of it myself). I think having Autism can predispose us to rejection as for many of, we didn’t fit in as children / throughout our lives and may have been bullied or ignored, often wondering what we had done wrong. A lifetime of this can lead to hyper-vigilance  and we can sometimes incorrectly perceive signs of rejection too. The pain associated with rejection is awful - often disproportionately so considering the actual event. You are not alone! 

Children
No Data