Universal Basic income

Don't know how many of you have heard about the small trial of this? Its only a few people but they are given a no questions asked payment of £1600pm for two years on the trial. 

I am sure I am not the old one whi thinks this would massivley change their life? I work 38 hours a week and only take home about £1850pm, and every one of those hours is a total slog and a battle againt ASD. I would take 6 months-1 year off and then probably do some voulenteer work doing something I love. Sadly I can't see it coming in any time soon but his would be a game changer for anybody with mental heath issues and physical disabilities. Of course that works as long as there is not massive inflation to go with it and prices remain stable.

What are your thoughts?

Rob

• Seems ideal but is a sure way to collapse ones economy!

• I get that, the point is UBI would have to be funded and no where in the world has figured out how to do it.

• I wasn't including the top 10%/1% because your comment was "who would bother working" so I was going off of how that 85% tax with UBI would apply for your typical working everyman.

• There are some fundamental problems with that logic:

• The top 10% of earners pay 60% of the income tax
    • The top 1% pay almost 30% of all the taxes

Tax these people at ridiculous rates and they’ll simply leave or find ways around it.

Also, the median wage in the UK is over £34k, not £22k.

• Obama made it all about Race.

Many Black Americans are beginning to see through the Agenda. In 2020, a significantly greater number of Minority Groups voted for Trump. The 'election' of President Biden was a fraud.

It's about depopulating the Entire World. People working for a system, and ideology, rather than for a living. Dependency, rather than productivity.

• So you'd need to increase taxes by 85% to pay for this. Who would bother working in this scenario? And then how would the UBI be funded?

On surface level it sounds like it takes all the money everyone worked for away but, in a way, essential living costs already does that. Rents/mortgage, food, bills etc. leaves people with little left afterwards. In the hypothetical scenario of UBI people more or less gets those covered working or not from this UBI and so those who work are working for that additional disposable income on top.

If we take minimum wage of £10.42, do 40 hour weeks for 52 weeks you have an income of £21,673

The 1,600 monthly UBI works out £19,200.

If a person with UBI was still continuing working those 40 hours with 85% tax on the whole lot would make the £19,200 + £3,250 for a total take home of £22,450. So, they'd be better off for disposable income but if they chose to work less or not at all they'll likely still have their basic living costs covered. Now, that £3,250 sounds bad if you were to frame it as 'you work for about than £1.50 an hour!' but in a way you need to view those pay packets like pure profit with expenses removed. If you took away your living expenses from your wage you'll find your hourly rate also sounds much less exciting. If anything it could incentivise work more as you know you're working for the extra things you want in life rather than to stay alive and have shelter.

I'm not necessarily in favour of UBI outright and I'm not sure it would have the desired effects in the UK practically, even if it sounds like it should in theory but just offering another perspective on a frightening sounding tax rate on work incentives.

I think one of the concerns though is that you then become more dependent on that UBI so if the government wanted to exercise some level of control they have the majority the income of a lot of people in their hands. Do something 'wrong'? Sanction you directly through your UBI before it even reaches you. Refuse your payments until you agree to do whatever it is the government wants to implement etc.

I think I'd be more in favour of a lower rate UBI, one that alone might not be enough to cover you but gives people on low incomes some breathing room and a safety net but you've still gotta do some kind of work.

• Benefits became a way-of-life. And the only other way to earn money, there, is to sell drugs.

It all began in the Sixties, whenever Working Class Pride became a Battle-Cry. Especially from those who did make money; such as John Lennon, and Tony Wilson.

Easy money led to the debauchment of the currency; at the behest of the American Empire.

• Or indeed if all whites in western nations were exterminated by the globalists depopulation agenda by Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2050, following the displacement of whites, their having been made an illegal minority in all western nations, where it would become illegal to be white (or at the very least, a second-class citizen) - many other racial groups have been openly calling for the extermination of whites and it is truly terrifying to hear, yet all other races could be subjected to the same policies once whites are no longer in the picture if the globalist elites then decided that the population was still too high and aside from their own leftist supporters, they would then do the same against all other racial minorities (who by then could easily become the majority due to very high birth rates) 

• Living in a socially deprived area of Manchester for 21 years, I recall hearing stories of teenage mothers after dropping out of school early to have as many children as possible by several different fathers at parties because “it just happened” from being drunk and being on drugs and they saw it as a career move to collect as much as possible from the state, where entire generations of families “from the cradle to the grave” were totally dependent on state handouts which caused many of its own problems later on - the closest that many came to getting a job was doing some work experience course which was only done in a cynical attempt to hold onto benefits entitlement and entitlement to council house, even if they had other jobs on the black market and were living abroad off criminal assets - while ASB and other criminal behaviours continued, at some point and at some level they did regret it later on and they ensured that they destroyed their own futures by doing so, while still blaming the state for their misery 

• There is no body or entity on the planet that could afford the trillions needed to pay people to do nothing.

The only scenario in which UBI could realistically be implemented, would be if jobs were automated en-masse and the profits of that automated labour distributed.

But then we'd have the 'idle hands are the devil's workshop' problem.

• Class War; benefitting the Political Class.

Plus, there's the possibility of it being juxtaposed with the Mark of the Beast.

People are supposed to work for a living, not for a system or ideology. However, most major job applicants hark on about jobs 'being in line with my values'.

• I strongly suspect that aside from NGO’s, UBI’s main source of funding is the WEF and the world bank, not the U.K. taxpayer - and at some future point, the WEF will want its money back with interest, forcing national governments to implement their policies regardless of how it affects the citizens of those nations - aside from the U.K., it’s totally obvious that the Irish government is bought and paid for by the WEF as leaders are selected not elected, problem reaction solution, once freedoms are taken away they are never given back, democracy is an illusion, infiltration via the long March through the institutions - all politicians are pointless now and there is no political solutions 

• Given what we have experienced with Covid and the managed decline of the U.K. economy after lockdown and with so much stuff that has come out about the WEF etc, there is much very good reason to be very suspicious of any such proposal - being a supporter of the Irish truth and patriot movement even before Covid, much of which has been covered by Gemma O’ Doherty and many others, we have found that many “conspiracy theories” have been proven correct - all of this is common sense stuff once one does one’s own research into a lot of this - it’s one reason why I won’t even look at any MSM outlets even online any more and why I don’t go on anything else other than truth platforms  and why I use a VPN 

• I have heard about UBI in the context of the Great Reset and Agenda 2030 and so I share your concerns - based on simple common sense, there is no doubt that during Covid, the WEF and the world bank were funding the benefits systems and day-to-day running and public services of many countries globally to make up for the shortfall in tax revenues received (or otherwise) during lockdown, which also partly explains the managed collapse of the U.K. economy afterwards - I too am very suspicious of even a trial run of UBI and I am wondering where the “catch” is 

• £1600 per month x 45 million adults in the UK = a new cost of £864bn per year.

In the last financial year, total UK tax revenue was £1,017bn.

So you'd need to increase taxes by 85% to pay for this. Who would bother working in this scenario? And then how would the UBI be funded?

• I'm interesting in hearing your suggestions to address the issues that UBI would attempt to resolve.

• Are shareholders in a company or a cooperative slaves? 

I dobt think it's the same. A sysrem lime thus cozls abolish welfare, where rhose beholden do get a bad rime.

• If you are a shareholder in the state, the state belongs to you and is subject to your will. If the state is your primary provider, you are utterly beholden to the state.  

The issue being, once you enter into slavery like this, there is no route out. 

• The argument is that all individuals become shareholders of the atate. 

The findings, counterintuitive as rhey might seem, is that most people do prefer to work once tbe fear of destitution is gone. 

No doubt the suoer rich will find a way to make UBI  of alavery though.

• i work 40 hours a week and after tax only get like £1400 to take home.

i know i likely wont be allowed in this trail or asked for it... its like the lottery or anything else good, its never for me, its always for everyone else lol