Universal Basic income

Don't know how many of you have heard about the small trial of this? Its only a few people but they are given a no questions asked payment of £1600pm for two years on the trial. 

I am sure I am not the old one whi thinks this would massivley change their life? I work 38 hours a week and only take home about £1850pm, and every one of those hours is a total slog and a battle againt ASD. I would take 6 months-1 year off and then probably do some voulenteer work doing something I love. Sadly I can't see it coming in any time soon but his would be a game changer for anybody with mental heath issues and physical disabilities. Of course that works as long as there is not massive inflation to go with it and prices remain stable.

What are your thoughts?

Rob

Parents
  • i work 40 hours a week and after tax only get like £1400 to take home.

i know i likely wont be allowed in this trail or asked for it... its like the lottery or anything else good, its never for me, its always for everyone else lol

• i work 40 hours a week and after tax only get like £1400 to take home.

i know i likely wont be allowed in this trail or asked for it... its like the lottery or anything else good, its never for me, its always for everyone else lol

Children
No Data