Stimming, dropped masks, and alcohol?

After having a discussion with a neurodivergent friend the subject turned to stimming, anyway said friend (suspected ocd/adhd) suggested that in their experience stimming increased with alcohol consumption in their opinion because alcohol lowers inhibitions it also removes the mask of neurodivergent folks. So I have a question to ask all the Adults here, have you noticed an increase or change in stimms when you drink alcohol?

Please do not go out of your way to drink to "find out" but if you do happen to drink anyway please drop your observations (if you remember them) here.
Parents Reply
  • I think with people, I was so desperate to help, to actually make a difference to someone, anyone, to develop some sort of self-worth, that nursing fitted me like a glove in that respect. My parents also pushed me towards it, as I wanted to ‘make a difference’ somehow. So yes, the idea of Autistics all being completely devoid of empathy is too much of a sweeping statement, but I guess as with all autistic characteristics, some apply a lot to some, and not at all to others.the emotional toll was huge though, and the wheels began to fall off as soon as I started living with my (now) husband. I could only cope with the job because I had the remaining 16 hours of each day/ night cycle away from all other people. 

Ah, now animals is another matter entirely! I owed pet rats at the same time as my nursing career, and I ended up changing to cats when I got sober as I couldn’t cope with the near constant cycle of illness in death. Rats are fantastic pets, but too big personalities and intelligence in such a short lifespan. Absolutely broke my heart every time.

Children
No Data