I have suicide thoughts- Help, can anyone relate

Hi I am new here.

I'm Rosa, but I would rather be called Rose

Please forgive I have a hard time putting my thoughts and feelings into words. 

I have had I very hard childhood. Since my birth father died when I was 6 years old, I am now 22. But he died of a drug overdose, I was placed in foster care when I was 11. I have been having suicide thoughts since my birth father died. I have attempted before.

Parents
  • Hi Rose 

My Father died when I was five. He also tried suicide before although he died in a shooting accident. 

Yes such things can have a severe impact on people.  If you are suicidal please seek help in any way you can both short and long term. Stuff from NHS to Samaritans. 

I would say that with time the effect on myself has eased. To the point that now I am hardly affected by it. 

Explore ways that help. Sometimes we can be affected in ways which need to be recognised, For example bereavement can lead some people to blaming themselves for situations and being left with severe lack of self esteem which is unjustified. That is just an example but whatever love and care for yourself. 

Love and light to you.

• Hi Rose 

My Father died when I was five. He also tried suicide before although he died in a shooting accident. 

Yes such things can have a severe impact on people.  If you are suicidal please seek help in any way you can both short and long term. Stuff from NHS to Samaritans. 

I would say that with time the effect on myself has eased. To the point that now I am hardly affected by it. 

Explore ways that help. Sometimes we can be affected in ways which need to be recognised, For example bereavement can lead some people to blaming themselves for situations and being left with severe lack of self esteem which is unjustified. That is just an example but whatever love and care for yourself. 

Love and light to you.

Children