I have Asperger’s syndrome; therefore I’m not allowed to play netball

Unless it’s because I’m male or something. I certainly seem to have been discriminated against.

In 2019, people made false accusations about me and got me kicked out of a netball club in Stirling.

I tried to find another netball club, but the netball clubs I contacted were all reluctant to tell me anything about themselves, and when I asked further questions about them they just stopped replying or whatever. I also contacted the netball club in Stirling about rejoining, because their constitution says I can ask to rejoin at the next general meeting. They ignored me.

I contacted Netball Scotland, and asked them to investigate why I was being treated the way I was by these 4 netball clubs, and was told they’d investigate it.

I turned up at 1 of the netball clubs (they’d told me they weren’t playing because of the Covid 19 pandemic, and they’d tell me when they started playing again, but never did tell me), and played netball with them anyway. I literally only played there 6 times before they found an excuse to get me suspended by Netball Scotland!

In September 2022, I had the police at my flat, saying that I’d contacted someone at netball saying I need some new friends, and asking me not to contact her again. Then the next day, I got an e-mail saying I’d been suspended from Netball Scotland. They didn’t even say anything about why!

Eventually I found out that the reason I was suspended was, among other things, that I’d allegedly “communicated with a club member, Christina [surname removed by mod], that was uninvited and persistent which placed her in a state of fear and alarm”. I’d sent her 1 message on facebook, she’d replied, and then I replied to her message; and I’d only asked perfectly normal things like “How long have you been playing netball?” and “Where do you live?”

1 of the other reasons for the suspension was that I’d chased Natalie up about her investigation about netball clubs not wanting me to join. I’d supposedly failed to show her respect.

This post’s getting a bit long, so to cut a long story short, I had a hearing in March 2023 about it. And all the complaints against me were upheld, and I’ve been suspended by Netball Scotland for 5 years!

They haven’t answered any of my questions such as “What’s wrong with being friendly?” or “What’s wrong with doing to others what I would have them do to me?” or “What’s wrong with asking Natalie to do her job?”.

What happened at Stirling was brought up to demonstrate a “pattern of behaviour”, but nobody even told me what this pattern of behaviour was. The accusations there were completely different.

I’d put a complaint in about Natalie not having done anything about her investigation. Is this the real reason I’ve been suspended?

Oh 2 other questions that have never been answered are “Would I have had the same reaction to contacting Christina if I was a woman?” and “Would I have had the same reaction to contacting Christina if I didn’t have Asperger’s syndrome?”

So I seem to have been discriminated against.

Parents
  • Update: I contacted a lawyer, and got no reply. I couldn’t find anyone who cares enough about me to phone them for me, so, disillusioned, I didn’t do anything about it for ages. Eventually, I got back in touch with the law society of Scotland, and they suggested 2 more lawyers (only 2!), which I’ve now contacted. 1 wrote back and said they weren’t taking on any cases for people who need legal aid because they’re getting too many cases or something. The other one said they don’t deal with civil or criminal law, so they can’t help me. What branches of law are there other than civil or criminal law!!? I thought they were the only branches of law!

So it seems like I’ve tried all the lawyers locally that are likely to help me. What do I do now?!

And does anyone know of any netball clubs in Scotland that aren’t affiliated to Netball Scotland by any chance?

• I dont know much about the sport in Scotland but I have found out about it aparantly net ball is one of the few sports that wasmade exclusively  for females when it was created and is primarily  played by females still which I thought was interesting. anyway I see if I can find any that arnt afiliated to Netball scotland for you 

• I dont know much about the sport in Scotland but I have found out about it aparantly net ball is one of the few sports that wasmade exclusively  for females when it was created and is primarily  played by females still which I thought was interesting. anyway I see if I can find any that arnt afiliated to Netball scotland for you 

Children
No Data