Jewellery making

Does anyone else like making beaded jewellery? I love making beaded bracelets and necklaces, it makes me so happy and peaceful. In the evening I will put New Girl on and get my beads out and just spend ages making them. I have a big craft box with lots of different boxes of different colour wooden and glass beads in them. I like making surfer jewellery and I love making bracelets with the colours of different countries flags. 

Would love to chat to anyone else who makes bracelets. It would be really handy to share tips and advice on jewellery making with each other too 

• I made a bracelet at school once if I'm remembering correctly. Stuck small shells on it. This is something I would be interested in doing again, but as a hobby. I think it would be a relaxing thing to go.

Do you still do this Billy? I would love to see some of yours if you're happy to share a photo at some point. Slight smile

• There's something incredibly satisfying about creating jewelry, isn't there? Your ritual of putting on New Girl and immersing yourself in crafting sounds like a perfect way to unwind and tap into your creativity.Your craft box with various colored wooden and glass beads sounds like a treasure trove of possibilities. If you're into bracelets, you might want to explore Jewels by Galla's bracelet collection. They have a diverse range of styles and designs that could provide you with fresh ideas and inspiration for your creations.Connecting with fellow bracelet makers is a wonderful idea. Sharing tips, tricks, and advice with others who share your passion can be incredibly rewarding.

• Several years ago, I tried my hand at making a beaded bracelet with a magnetic clasp for my Grandma using Swarovski crystals and seed beads (see photo below). My intention had been to make one for myself as well, but I never quite got around to it.

• I’m not so much a jeweller more of a silver butcher. 
    I try to repurpose old silver jewellery. 
    I’m having a go at making a ring from a Victorian florin next. 

• I just stumbled upon your post from 6 months ago, and I can totally relate to the joy that comes from making beaded jewelry! There's something so meditative about selecting the right beads and stringing them together. I often have a podcast or some music on in the background while I work on my pieces.

If you're looking for tips, you might want to check out [link removed by moderator] They have some excellent guides and tutorials that have helped me expand my own jewelry-making skills. They even talk about the meanings behind different colors, which could add an extra layer of thoughtfulness to your flag-themed bracelets.

• Yes I wonder that. Its why Ive never gone for a job in a bookshop, I fear it may kill my love of them

Btw silversmithing sounds amazing, do you have a business page? I would love to hear more about it 

• Oh gosh I’d love to do that. The only thing that stopped me was the cost of equipment. I couldn’t justify it. I’ve managed to stop thinking about it lol

• Slight smile I had a go with pmc a very long time ago, I’ve still got the first ring I made with it. 

• Very cool Grinning

I've only ever used silver clay.

• I am a silver/goldsmith. I think with the amount of different techniques there are to learn it can last a long time as a special interest :) 

• I don't make beaded jewellery, but I do make jewellery. Silversmithing. (Trying to make it a business). Its rapidly becoming my main special interest (taking over from bodybuilding / exercise science / health stuff).

Oh the possibility of having ones special interest as ones job. I do worry that the sheer intensity I am giving it atm will kill it though (or, so might doing it as a job. Seems like the quickest way to kill a special interest).

• Hi Billy, would love to chat. Haven't yet worked out how to start a PM. I'm such a technophobe. Just on my break at work.

• Hi Piki, I would love to chat about jewellery making, private message me if you like

Also I have never heard of silver clay and I am facinated to know what it is 

• I don’t make beaded items, although I did make my daughter a necklace one year. I make wire jewellery.

• I used to make jewellery, but not anymore. I started with wood, plastic and glass beads. Then semi precious stone chips with swarovski crystals, and then I moved into silver clay. I'm into my art now, though I'm happy to chat about jewellery making, if you'd like to Grinning

• Not so much jewellery-making, I do like Kintsugi tho..