The things that have helped you most?

Given experience often helps, and there are often newly diagnosed members joining the forum, I thought if we shared the things that help us most in bullet points it would be an easy read reference for everyone?

For me, has been:

- Meeting only small groups if I plan to meet people

- Meditation & Breath work (helped anxiety & digestion)

- Symprove Probiotics (helped anxiety & digestion)

- Walking in nature (elevates mood)

- Watching childhood movies (calming)

Parents
  • For me, I have found the following to help me greatly:

1. Time. Allowing myself the time to process my diagnosis. This is a long process and is full of ups and downs. I need to allow myself all the time it takes. This extends into other aspects of my life too though, so is very transferable.

2. Writing my thoughts and feelings somewhere (like here) in order to explore them properly.

3. Alone time. This is a chance for me to stim, explore hobbies and explore my special interests. This time is important and purely for me.

4. Intense physical exercise. For me, that involves weightlifting, but others enjoy more cardio focused activities.

5. Music and reading. I enjoy both of these things, so they really help me to escape reality whenever I feel the need.

6. Keeping an eye on my energy levels in order to avoid burnout. Learning to say no to others, in order to preserve energy in times of need, is a really important skill.

There will be lots more, but these are where I’ve landed so far.

• Writing to process my feelings is important to me too, and alone time.

Reply Children